Is God in the 2% difference?

WaltL1

Mighty fine writin. The print just comes off the page...window, whatever. I liked your reference to Eva Gabor. I still don't understand how Neil Young ever made it past his garage band and much of anything else.

Remember when TV speakers would vibrate their plywood cabinets and the only good thing about when it got all snowy and pounding the set would not get the picture and when it was its time to go it was interesting to see how powerful the speaker magnet was going to be? Well this morning all the snow is gone from your writing. Got any plans for the old magnet?

Personally I got hay fever so I live in the woods.

I still don't understand how Neil Young ever made it past his garage band and much of anything else
Blasphemy. Complete and utter blasphemy.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Blasphemy. Complete and utter blasphemy.
While I do like his voice/music(and many others similar) had Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Eddie Vedder etc etc types not made it huge NONE of these tv talent show judges would turn their chair or press a button for any of them had those guys made their appearance on the scene today. Those judges cannot turn around fast enough for people who now sound like those guys because they sound like those guys but I have my doubts that the judges would turn if those voices/styles were not already established.

Israel

BANNED
Yeah. I remember laughing with a friend about the lyrics on albums of artists his older brothers were listening to who were also buds with my elder brother. Sometimes a secondary exposure introduces you to stuff a bit earlier than you'd find on your own. Somebody's already brought it into the house.

Anyway what the...? "The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles..."? And that voice! On ears used to all the 50's and early 60's smoothness, harmonies, girls singing about boys, boys singing about girls...guys singing about cars and surfing...

But, just as I'd resisted all the hubbub aboout some guys from England, thinking the whole thing a threat to the likes I was already fondly listening to...it was only a matter of hearing them a few times...then seeing them on Sullivan...and it eventually was like "Paul Revere and the who?" The Beach guys?

So it was just as futile to try to resist this guy whose lyrics included things like..."ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Last edited:

WaltL1

While I do like his voice/music(and many others similar) had Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Eddie Vedder etc etc types not made it huge NONE of these tv talent show judges would turn their chair or press a button for any of them had those guys made their appearance on the scene today. Those judges cannot turn around fast enough for people who now sound like those guys because they sound like those guys but I have my doubts that the judges would turn if those voices/styles were not already established.
Agreed.

gordon 2

Besides the sounds, besides the voice, there are the lyrics and the arrangements of lyrics, the meaning of the lyrics divined from free associations which are always wanting to find somethings in the future to make things right. Cinnamon girl, Old man who thinks like me, ( not!). A lack of experience, empathy, wisdom, or judgment-- The Naive as artistic subject, on and on and on just grinds my gears. The people who could sit at a Neil Young event, thinking "O Man he's just like me, or just like I could be..."was not the place to find my Cinnamon girl and old men I prized in conversations for not being like me.

This was more as my Cinnamon girl. While the airways were roaring with Young's, mine had come and gone... and I was running in a thousand ways, with that somehow it was best to give than to get and life was more than a bit complex:

( Did you listen to the drum line 320 ish?)

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm more of a Led Zeppelin, Audioslave/Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Sammy Hagar/The Circle,, Van Halen, Journey, Foo Fighters, Classic Rock, Hard Rock type. With LIVE performances being much better than studio recordings.

Israel

BANNED
Besides the sounds, besides the voice, there are the lyrics and the arrangements of lyrics, the meaning of the lyrics divined from free associations which are always wanting to find somethings in the future to make things right. Cinnamon girl, Old man who thinks like me, ( not!). A lack of experience, empathy, wisdom, or judgment-- The Naive as artistic subject, on and on and on just grinds my gears. The people who could sit at a Neil Young event, thinking "O Man he's just like me, or just like I could be..."was not the place to find my Cinnamon girl and old men I prized in conversations for not being like me.

This was more as my Cinnamon girl. While the airways were roaring with Young's, mine had come and gone... and I was running in a thousand ways, with that somehow it was best to give than to get and life was more than a bit complex:

( Did you listen to the drum line 320 ish?)
This was a fave though I was more inclined to Judy Collin's cover.

So this may be the best of both.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I will admit, Bluegrass is mesmerizing. Those banjo players are awesome and I can listen to and enjoy almost all music but this modern stuff where there is no band and is mostly auto tune is revolting. I have my 80s Hair Band and Metal moments also. I have been listening to Mammoth WVH lately. Eddie Van Halen's Son.

gordon 2

I'm more of a Led Zeppelin, Audioslave/Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Sammy Hagar/The Circle,, Van Halen, Journey, Foo Fighters, Classic Rock, Hard Rock type. With LIVE performances being much better than studio recordings.

I thought I would like live performances too... until I did went and the person or person(s) next to me knew and sangs all the repatory and sangs them each and everyone with more gusto than the live act right in my good ear or screeeemed! high pitch for their excitements. Even the good singers were annoying and most were anywhere gifted in the pipes.

Also disliked when trying to look closely and listen to what the artist is doing and the folk in front of you get up and raise their hands and sing right along with the band...robbing me of eyes and ears and my admission ticket.

I pay my two bits to see and hear the high diving act, not the two bits getting their jaw joy around me. Makes me a Grinch I guess. The worse concert I ever been was a Garth Brook concert. Man the folk were exited in that one. Turned me right off of his music. It was like buying a canned salmon for samich spead and the fish is no good. That how much I like live performances... But hey its all psychology...

gordon 2

I will admit, Bluegrass is mesmerizing. Those banjo players are awesome and I can listen to and enjoy almost all music but this modern stuff where there is no band and is mostly auto tune is revolting. I have my 80s Hair Band and Metal moments also. I have been listening to Mammoth WVH lately. Eddie Van Halen's Son.

I like bluegrass, always did and alot of the reason is that after my dad died, the only old guys that played music like he did were them kind gentlemen at bluegrass festivals. They became my dads regards music. But I've always liked bluegrass besides... although to keep to my Grinch attitude today, I don't care for alot of the new-modern stuff. It seems to be made for and by people who have an education in music and the natural hard knocks Appalachia hop is out of her.

gordon 2

With the exception of Dylan, I couldn't name a single recording by any artist mentioned above. Now ... Eddy Arnold, Patsy Cline, Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Flatt and Scruggs, Lorretta Lynn, Tennessee Ernie Ford...I'm a little more familiar with.

Hum! That's a fine foundation right there. Like going to the original sources. Bing Crosby should be in your list regards voice, it was in Merle Haggard's. :)

And speaking of country music... seem everyone is singing with a tobacco plug in their mouth these days... The boys at least.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I thought I would like live performances too... until I did went and the person or person(s) next to me knew and sangs all the repatory and sangs them each and everyone with more gusto than the live act right in my good ear or screeeemed! high pitch for their excitements. Even the good singers were annoying and most were anywhere gifted in the pipes.

Also disliked when trying to look closely and listen to what the artist is doing and the folk in front of you get up and raise their hands and sing right along with the band...robbing me of eyes and ears and my admission ticket.

I pay my two bits to see and hear the high diving act, not the two bits getting their jaw joy around me. Makes me a Grinch I guess. The worse concert I ever been was a Garth Brook concert. Man the folk were exited in that one. Turned me right off of his music. It was like buying a canned salmon for samich spead and the fish is no good. That how much I like live performances... But hey its all psychology...
I use Spotify and listen to the live stuff

Israel

BANNED
With the exception of Dylan, I couldn't name a single recording by any artist mentioned above. Now ... Eddy Arnold, Patsy Cline, Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Flatt and Scruggs, Lorretta Lynn, Tennessee Ernie Ford...I'm a little more familiar with.

Ha!
I used to run around singing "another day older and deeper in debt, St Peter doncha call me cause I cain't go...."...
Mommy...what's a company store?

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
More my Father's era but I can appreciate those artists.
I do like Johnny Cash

gordon 2

I use Spotify and listen to the live stuff
Your just plain smart and I'm prone to jump to conclusions.

Here's my only Wow concert. It changed how I understood what rockers were trying to do...

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WaltL1

You have to be in the right frame of mind when you go to a concert. People are going to sing, dance, block your view, scream shout wiggle all about and occasionally puke on your shoes. Its inevitable. Unbutton that collar and go with the floooow.....
:banana:

gordon 2

You have to be in the right frame of mind when you go to a concert. People are going to sing, dance, block your view, scream shout wiggle all about and occasionally puke on your shoes. Its inevitable. Unbutton that collar and go with the floooow.....
:banana:

Yea...but I don't trust peer pressure. I don't trust the wisdom or the morality of the mob. I think "What if this crowd of clowns were at The Capitol half naked, with Viking horn caps, waving their stripet banners to the sounds of heavy metal crashing? "-- I cringe with distrust? When I go, when I have to go, the wify makes me do it. :( She don't care about the mob's failings.

Last edited: