Is it possible to "ignore" or block specific sub-forums?

OwlRNothing

Searched the searchy search, poked around help, couldn't find anything on this. It would be great if users could see the specific forums they like, but be able to "unsee" stuff from forums they don't have an interest in. Like when using the drop-down menu for "new posts" etc?
Any way to do that?

georgia_home

just curious, which forum are you trying to block.

admin's can block the political by user, but not sure about others.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any way to do that. That's why there is a scroll button on a mouse.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Trail Cam forum triggers me. :confused:

Hillbilly stalker

On the top right corner of each sub forum banner is a toggle slide. You can switch it right to left. That will collaspe that particular sub forum.5AB17178-CB6E-466C-B7B3-8CDEF6AF99B3.jpeg

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
For that session...as an android user, when the web browser is closed and re-opened any sub forums revert to open even with slider previously in "ignore" mode. Odd, because I am "signed in" on browser re open but will not retain sub forum options?? Not an issue for me, just thought I'd share that.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
For that session...as an android user, when the web browser is closed and re-opened any sub forums revert to open even with slider previously in "ignore" mode. Odd, because I am "signed in" on browser re open but will not retain sub forum options?? Not an issue for me, just thought I'd share that.
Does the same on my laptop and desktop on Firefox If I log off, as long as I stay logged in they stay turned off.

cowhornedspike

I would love a feature like this also. I normally look at subscribed threads first and then new posts. Unfortunately the new posts pages is mostly full of food posts and sports posts...neither of which I wish to see. Would love to block those forums unless I specifically open them myself.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I would love a feature like this also. I normally look at subscribed threads first and then new posts. Unfortunately the new posts pages is mostly full of food posts and sports posts...neither of which I wish to see. Would love to block those forums unless I specifically open them myself.
Sorry, it only works on the main Forums menu. Wish it worked on the threads as well.

Cool Hand Luke

Good question but when I view this forum, I look at new posts and then scroll to whatever interests me. It's the only social media I'm on. Never know what might show up (y)

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Open the forums you do want to read one by one.

While open click on the watch button and select to watch that forum.

Repeat for all forums you wish to watch.

Then when logged on go to the menu and select “watched forums”. Only those you selected will show.

As far as blocking a forum I don’t know if that’s possible. You can place individual members who are key posters on ignore and you won’t see any of their posts. This would reduce the posts shown when you select new posts.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Is there any way to block the entire GON forum?

I keep finding myself here when I should be working.

OwlRNothing

I don't know of any way to do that. That's why there is a scroll button on a mouse.
Make that work while viewing "new posts" and I could see your point. However, having to scroll thorough all the posts I'm not interested in is what I'm trying to avoid. I guess I should have been more clear.

OwlRNothing

just curious, which forum are you trying to block.

admin's can block the political by user, but not sure about others.
I'm not really interested in the shooting forums ( I'm a gun guy, but not why I come here) and the ones where arguments tend to break out. It's not a big deal really, just wondered if there was a button I wasn't seeing. I'm old.

OwlRNothing

Open the forums you do want to read one by one.

While open click on the watch button and select to watch that forum.

Repeat for all forums you wish to watch.

Then when logged on go to the menu and select “watched forums”. Only those you selected will show.

As far as blocking a forum I don’t know if that’s possible. You can place individual members who are key posters on ignore and you won’t see any of their posts. This would reduce the posts shown when you select new posts.

Thank you Milkman. That seems the closest to what I'm looking for here. I appreciate your help and just FYI - I don't think there are any "bad" forums here, I'd just rather spend my time on things I'm interested in wading through, that's all. I don't know about anyone else, but as I've gotten older some things matter less and some matter much more - and time becomes more precious whether it's online or IRL. Thanks again.