Is it time yet......

How2fish

To start looking for the GON hunting land special edition yet ?
To start looking for ad's for the Buckarama....which is the personal beginning of my hunting season yet?

Its 'bout summer time and I hate it !! I can't wait for hunting season to start...so if you can think of another..."is it time yet" subject...add a line!

:fine:

How2fish

Larry your correct...what I was wondering was what gets the other board members thinking....."this happens" and I know its time to starting getting ready...to hunt...not vacation with the family,fish,garden ect?? What really starts us getting our minds in a hunting frame of mind?? :cheers:

Krazyhorses

How2fish said:
Larry your correct...what I was wondering was what gets the other board members thinking....."this happens" and I know its time to starting getting ready...to hunt...not vacation with the family,fish,garden ect?? What really starts us getting our minds in a hunting frame of mind?? :cheers:

Everytime i have to get up for work. I think about sitting in
a tree stand. :cheers:

H

HT2

How 2..........

Heck I can't think about nothin' but deer season.......

I can remember way back when you didn't do anything until about a month before the season started.........

Not anymore!!!!!!!

It's a 12 month deal now and I Love's it!!!!!!!!! :cool:

How2fish

HT2 back when I was a single man...or well between wifes...I was the same way but now....I have as I expect many of us have...many other 'interests' that we have to devote a certain amount of time to...ballgames,house projects...even work...but I think we ALL have a trigger that lets us know...hey DEER SEASON is coming.....when we start thinking...Is it time yet? What is it for all ya'll ?? :cheers:

H

HT2

How2.........

Yeah, I can understand that.........

I guess I'm in that kinda mode "somewhar in the middle"...........Not much to do (except the little time I get with my daughters)......I guess it fills a void of somethin' to do for me........

I do enjoy it though........ :cool:

ramblinrack

How2fish said:
HT2 back when I was a single man...or well between wifes...I was the same way but now....I have as I expect many of us have...many other 'interests' that we have to devote a certain amount of time to...ballgames,house projects...even work...but I think we ALL have a trigger that lets us know...hey DEER SEASON is coming.....when we start thinking...Is it time yet? What is it for all ya'll ?? :cheers:

howdy-fishy........BETWEEN WIVE'S????
i've heard of between jobs!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the huntin' catalog's are rollin' in...time to git serious about makin' a list....may the summer pass quickly!

Minner

For me it starts with those first cool nights in August. I don't know about middle or south GA, but up here we'll get a few cool nights (relatively speaking of course) sometime in August. It'll be hotter'n heck in the daytime like always, but there will be a few nights when the temps drop and tt'll get real foggy.

Also coinciding with this is the blooming of some type of yellow flowers. They grow wild mostly in fallow fields (or that's where I seem 'em most). Although I don't know the name of 'em, when I 'em it just says to me, "Huntin' season is right around the corner!"

JBowers

Atlanta Buck-A-Rama: Aug. 4-7

Perry Buck-A-Rama: Aug. 19-21

GeauxLSU

No question for me. There is a certain smell whent the first cool front passes in early fall. Sometimes it's not really cool at all but that smell is still there. After that, I'm useless (OK, I'm useless all the time, but at least then I have an excuse.)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I know its getting close when the college football season kicks in.........the start of bow season isn't too far behind it.

How2fish

When I drive by the local high school and they are praticing football...the smell of mowed grass and sweat....I know its coming! :D

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
When my GON arrives with a nice buck instead of some ugly fish on the cover,I know it's time to start to doing some early scouting and checking my gear.

How2fish

Echo said:
When my GON arrives with a nice buck instead of some ugly fish on the cover,I know it's time to start to doing some early scouting and checking my gear.

Echo could'nt agree more that is normally the last few years the July "Land" issue...really starts to get the blood pumping...an the Buckarama is right around the corner! :yeah:

Oak Ridge

It usually goes like this for me. I'm sleeping so good, then all of the sudden it happens... I wake up on all fours rubbing my head raw on the bed post! It's gonna be a good year!

Scout-N-Hunt

There is a certain smell whent the first cool front passes in early fall. Sometimes it's not really cool at all but that smell is still there. After that, I'm useless (OK, I'm useless all the time, but at least then I have an excuse.)

Phil said it for me.

How2fish

Thought of another one...late summer and after a thunderstorm....near sunset but not yet twilight the light quality will be...how to describe it....fallish?? The clear crisp look we wills see often in late October (if we are lucky) ...sorry wish I could put better words to it...

How2fish

Well the clock is ticking....but too darn slowly.....This afternoon I'm off to our club meeting to pay dues and meet a couple of new members, set up some work days ect...it's coming....slowly but it's coming!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: