Is Joe Kurz worth it?

ABBYS DAD

Another WMA I've never hunted and would like to try out. Anyone recommend it? Thanks

Bowdawg

Definitely my favorite. When you scout you usually see deer and you rarely get skunked at Joe Kurz. You usually see deer every time you hunt. I highly recommend the bow hunt in November. It has good genetics and is surrounded by farms. It would be nice to see the 100 inch to 110 inch bucks that get smoked every year get a pass but thats not going to happen on any wma .

ABBYS DAD

It is still an above average WMA. I agree with Bowdawg that the potential is there for it to be amazing.
Well with it being close to metro Atlanta and in a good county, I may have to try it. Haven't been on a quota hunt in almost a dozen years.

Bowdawg

Just picked up some regs and the weeks have changed for this years hunts. The second bow hunt is Oct 31 - November 7. Usually the second bow hunt follows the second gun hunt and runs November 7-15. The second gun hunt is earlier this year . This is a big deal. Most of the bucks that are harvested come from the second gun hunt . In theory a large percentage of 2 year olds that usually get smoked will make it to next year.

Goatman70

I used to hunt it pretty regular during bow season. Never many people there during the week. The quota hunts for me ended up like quota hunts anywhere else, but I've always seen deer.