Is Joe Kurz worth it?

kevin17

We were there for the second hunt and stayed till Saturday around noon. There sure sounded like there was a lot more shooting than for just the 6 deer that was checked out when we left. My buddy found a 5 point skull that looked like from last year. I guessing ground checking a lot of bucks.

Last edited:
Hunted the second hunt on Joe kurz. Seen a lot of small bucks but no shooters. Place is loaded with deer but I do think they hurt it when they changed the regulations.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I am fairly new to public land... I was pretty nervous about making sure I shot a legal buck. I just wonder how many illegal bucks were shot with these rules and the buck was left to rot. Personally, if I shoot an illegal buck, I will go tell the DNR and face the consequences, but I know not everyone will do that.

A bunch! I was on a hunt one time and one evening there had to have been 20+ shots that you could tell were on the WMA. I think there were less than a dozen deer checked in. I'm sure a few could have been misses, but I would bet many were left to rot.

dang

DANG !!!
A bunch! I was on a hunt one time and one evening there had to have been 20+ shots that you could tell were on the WMA. I think there were less than a dozen deer checked in. I'm sure a few could have been misses, but I would bet many were left to rot.
sad reality

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Yeah that’s no bueno. I’d prefer a no restriction hunt so I don’t mess up, but I’d never let one rot.

1982ace

Are they done cutting timber there? They had cut a bunch year before last and was wondering if they planted behind it let it grow up