Is the Window closed on Georgia now?

westcobbdog

As a guy who was at UGA then and knew most of the players. Herschel himself told me that the big guys up front made him famous. They opened a lot of holes. Now what Herschel did when he hit the secondary and mowed down those guys were all his doing. He was a beast, but so was that entire team. They were hungry!
Interviewer "Herschel, don't you get tired carrying that ball 40 times a game?
Herschel "Nah, it ain't heavy"

westcobbdog

Nah the skies the limit at Ga., but the truth is the Vols are looking at many years of 3rd and 4th place Sec East finishes, while we contend for titles. Guess u forgot about the humiliating loss to the football power known as Ga State.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Auburn nor UF nor UT, would agree that the window is closing. We will end up with 2nd highest rated class this year. How can the window be closing, while the talent gap is getting wider every year?

Philhutch80

Banned
Dawgs gotta fix the lack of high quality receivers. Just the other night before the SECCG, I saw the replay of 2017 SECCG.
Fromm had receivers and receivers that could get OPEN!!!
That’s more an issue than the QB or OC!!

Seems like there was a drop off after the receivers coach left after that season more than anything. The current guy hasn’t developed his guys yet.

Rather be where we are instead of leading the crime blotter.

giphy.gif

I have been a Dawg fan for over 60 years and other than people joking I have not heard it 5 times and I been around thousands of Georgia fans through the years. Must be one person telling you that over and over again.

Selective hearing.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Getting a little chilly
:rofl: :rofl:

Accubond has come out of hiding! It’s only been how many years? He usually just reads and watches.

I think you are believing the Pruitt hype. Decade of the Vols!! Maybe he’ll lay some bricks for ya too.

The Vols still aren’t even the best team in Tennessee!

joepuppy

Talent hasn't been UGA's problem in years. But whatever. Vols are building a program from the ground up, and yeah that takes years. But I believe in Pruitt. That GA State lose helped this team in the long run. It won't soon be forgotten, and for good reason.

Browning Slayer

Talent hasn't been UGA's problem in years. But whatever. Vols are building a program from the ground up, and yeah that takes years. But I believe in Pruitt. That GA State lose helped this team in the long run. It won't soon be forgotten, and for good reason.
Vols have been building a program from the ground up for 2 decades.

Just quit with the excuses.

joepuppy

No excuses, we have finally got some stability on Rocky Top. That is helping tremendously. Pruitt will go through the same growing pains as Kirby, but I am seeing some signs that he is growing. The program is a long way from where it was in the 90's, but we are getting better.

Browning Slayer

No excuses, we have finally got some stability on Rocky Top. That is helping tremendously. Pruitt will go through the same growing pains as Kirby, but I am seeing some signs that he is growing. The program is a long way from where it was in the 90's, but we are getting better.

Getting better? You are right. The Vols biggest win last season was beating Vandy and moving up to the #2 team in the state of Tennessee..

And when you are the worst team in the SEC for years it doesn't take much to say "We are getting better"..

Browning Slayer

And when you are the worst team in the SEC for years it doesn't take much to say "We are getting better"..

We beat Vandy!!! We are getting better!!! WOOHOO!

joepuppy

You can't spell sugar bowl without UGA. Welcome to your final destination. Congrats on winning one this year. Richt is proud, I'm sure.

Browning Slayer

You can't spell sugar bowl without UGA. Welcome to your final destination. Congrats on winning one this year. Richt is proud, I'm sure.
A destination a Vol can only dream about..

joepuppy

You gotta start somewhere. No shame. In Sept. even I was doubtful of winning any SEC games or any bowl. Pruitt rallied his team to not quit and play harder for him. This year, he has to win a game he shouldn't. Like UGA or the gators.

Browning Slayer

You gotta start somewhere. No shame. In Sept. even I was doubtful of winning any SEC games or any bowl. Pruitt rallied his team to not quit and play harder for him. This year, he has to win a game he shouldn't. Like UGA or the gators.
He has to? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OR WHAT??? Vols fire him and go back to rebuilding??

joepuppy

The fans have been patient through years of terrible coaching and start-overs. If Butch can beat UGA, then Pruitt is expected to. That will be next years sign of improvement. He has to win the bigger games to be any sort of relevant again. He's not on the hot seat, but expectations for him are high in Knoxville.

Browning Slayer

Bob Wallace

Window hasn't closed but its getting there. They have had their time in the sun and fortunately for me and other Gators we are going to be the ones who slam it shut on them, unless USC or UK do it first.
This years cocktail party was the closest it will have been for the next 5-10 years. UGA will once again be a great 2nd or 3rd place SEC E team next year.

Browning Slayer

This years cocktail party was the closest it will have been for the next 5-10 years. UGA will once again be a great 2nd or 3rd place SEC E team next year.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quit day drinking!