Is there a discussion about the blood moons?

Artfuldodger

Luke 24 shows us a lot about Jesus' resurrected body,even though He had not yet been glorified.He wasn't glorified until He ascended.
We read in vs.39:
"Behold my hands and my feet:that it is I myself.handle me and see;for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have.
Then,in verse 42 &43,He ate a piece of fish and a honeycomb.This was after He came through the walls of the upper room.

If we are going to have a body fashioned like His,I believe we will still have physical characteristics as well as spiritual ones,like He had.

Where do our spirits go to await this new physical glorified body? Can I assume the dead saints are in their resurrected bodies already in heaven or will they too return with Jesus for their bodies?

hobbs27

Welderguy, I only have one disagreement in your first affirmative, and that is in your statement that " we " are looking for our Saviour. It was " them" that was looking.

So on your second comment about Luke 24. I have always agreed that Jesus was physically resurrected. I believe He is the only one ever to be resurrected in a physical body though, and I believe you have rebuked your on affirmative when you state he had not yet received His glorified body, but did so at the ascension?

You and I agree on these points. Jesus was physically resurrected but must have lost the flesh somewhere at the ascension... I believe He presented the flesh In the heavenly temple as sacrifice.

welderguy

I didn't say Jesus would receive a different body at His ascension.I said He was not yet glorified.Please show me in scripture what makes you believe Jesus lost His physical attributes when He was glorified.Also this sacrifice you say He made in the "heavenly temple."
I don't believe there was any need of anymore sacrifices because He said "It is finished" on the cross.

hobbs27

Jesus appearance to John: no longer a 5' 5" Jew.

Revelation 1
13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.

There is nothing in scripture about Christ's flesh, I admittedly assume the flesh was presented as sacrifice, keeping in order of the Hebrew atonement.

As for Christ saying " it is finished", we really need to focus on what the "it" is that was finished, because it couldn't have been all.

I believe the " it" was the suffering that He had to endure.

welderguy

In his High Priestly prayer,Jesus said to the Father "I have finished the work which you sent me to do".
I don't believe that after the atonement on the cross,there was anymore sacrificial work to be done.Otherwise,Jesus would not have sat down on the right hand of God.Remember,there was no place for the Levitical priest to sit in the tabernacle because the work was never finished.But Jesus sat down,signifying His work was finished.(Heb.10:10-13)
The fact that Jesus came out of the grave on the third day signified the Fathers approval of Jesus' redemptive work.

Last edited:

hobbs27

In his High Priestly prayer,Jesus said to the Father "I have finished the work which you sent me to do".
I don't believe that after the atonement on the cross,there was anymore sacrificial work to be done.Otherwise,Jesus would not have sat down on the right hand of God.Remember,there was no place for the Levitical priest to sit in the tabernacle because the work was never finished.But Jesus sat down,signifying His work was finished.
The fact that Jesus came out of the grave on the third day signified the Fathers approval of Jesus' redemptive work.

Jesus entering heaven was representative of the High priest entering the Holiest holies... Remember the people stood outside awaiting the announcement of the High priest to know if the sacrifice had been accepted. They only knew once the High Priest exited the Holiest Holies and made the announcement ...70AD.

Notice this in Hebrews , just a couple of years before 70ad. The law was still in effect for some.

Hebrews 8:13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Jesus had said Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Not all was fulfilled when Hebrews was written, His return and destruction of the temple in which He prophesied in Matthew 24 was still pending.

welderguy

Not all was fulfilled when Hebrews was written, His return and destruction of the temple in which He prophesied in Matthew 24 was still pending.

I believe Heb.10:9-10 begs to differ.
"Then said He,lo I come to do thy will O God.He taketh away the first that He may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

So,Jesus took away the first and established the second.
When?
Not at the destruction of the temple,but when He offered His body.
How many times did He offer His body?
Once for all.

hobbs27

I believe Heb.10:9-10 begs to differ.
"Then said He,lo I come to do thy will O God.He taketh away the first that He may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

So,Jesus took away the first and established the second.
When?
Not at the destruction of the temple,but when He offered His body.
How many times did He offer His body?
Once for all.

I must disagree, first scripture does not contradict scripture. Secondly Gods will being fulfilled does not mean the law was fulfilled as shown in this verse by using it in the present tense. The word "are" shows it was still present which backs up Hebrews 8:13

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Here's how it went down according to scripture:

Attachments

• two covenants.jpg
    two covenants.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 32

welderguy

There was a very significant reason that the temple veil was torn down the middle from top to bottom by God at Jesus' death.
The ceremonial sacrifice was done away with,because Jesus was the true spotless sacrifice that all the other sacrifices pointed to.They were the type.He was the real thing.When He said "it is finished",it wasn't only about His suffering. It was about the entire redemptive work.
He never concerned Himself with His suffering throughout His entire life.It was always about doing His Father's will and finishing the work He gave Him to do.

hobbs27

There was a very significant reason that the temple veil was torn down the middle from top to bottom by God at Jesus' death.
The ceremonial sacrifice was done away with,because Jesus was the true spotless sacrifice that all the other sacrifices pointed to.They were the type.He was the real thing.When He said "it is finished",it wasn't only about His suffering. It was about the entire redemptive work.
He never concerned Himself with His suffering throughout His entire life.It was always about doing His Father's will and finishing the work He gave Him to do.

That sounds good when you say it, now put it to scripture. Show me that the Law was fulfilled at the cross, but you better make it good because Im loaded with scripture in the epistles that shows an active ongoing Law for the Jews, something they no longer have since the temple destruction.

Artfuldodger

If Christ's mission/purpose is done then he doesn't need to come back. His entity of the Godhead isn't needed as mediator or judge.
He can be absorbed back into God the Father.

I think "it is finished" was his life on the cross. His physical mission on the earth was finished. Taking on the world's sin was finished. He knew his suffering would soon be over and he would die.
True he would resurrect and continue parts 2 and 3 of his Father's will, his part on the cross was finished.
He still has a mission whether he has returned or is still going to return.

"Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Some Futurist use this to mean we are still under the Law. Maybe the people in the 40 year transition were under the law. If not what does this mean?

Artfuldodger

Ok.I'll start with Phil.3:20-21:
"For our conversation(citizenship) is in heaven;from whence also we look for the Savior,the Lord Jesus Christ:
who shall change our vile body,that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body,according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself."

It tells us that this is not our home.That we are looking for our Saviour.Then it says He will change our bodies into something that's like His body.And it will be glorious.

If we can't go to Heaven without a body, where do our spirits go to be with Jesus while we wait for his return?
Have you ever read anything by Randy Alcorn describing Heaven?

welderguy

That sounds good when you say it, now put it to scripture. Show me that the Law was fulfilled at the cross, but you better make it good because Im loaded with scripture in the epistles that shows an active ongoing Law for the Jews, something they no longer have since the temple destruction.

There's no question that the Jews continued practicing the Law after Jesus' death.They did not believe He was the Messiah.They rejected Him.That's why they crucified Him.Scripture says they were blind and slow to believe all that the prophets spoke concerning Him.
One of the big things that really made them hate Him was when He said He would destroy their temple and raise it up in three days.They thought He spoke of the literal temple,but rather He spoke of His death and resurrection.

hobbs27

There's no question that the Jews continued practicing the Law after Jesus' death.They did not believe He was the Messiah.They rejected Him.That's why they crucified Him.Scripture says they were blind and slow to believe all that the prophets spoke concerning Him.
One of the big things that really made them hate Him was when He said He would destroy their temple and raise it up in three days.They thought He spoke of the literal temple,but rather He spoke of His death and resurrection.

Paul circumsised Timothy according to the Law Timothy's mother was a jewess.

Acts 16:3

hobbs27

Pauls words Acts 24:14
"But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets;

hobbs27

Acts 18:21But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

That feast was a Jewish sacrament, that was to be kept by the law.

welderguy

Paul circumsised Timothy according to the Law Timothy's mother was a jewess.

Acts 16:3

Christian liberty.He was not bound by the law to do it.He did it for the sake of the weaker Jews because it was a stumbling block to their faith.
BTW,Paul also used this same Christian liberty when he refused to circumcise Titus.