Is there a discussion about the blood moons?

hobbs27

:rolleyes:
:rofl:
Y'all are a hoot! The good Lord has given me plenty of patience for these kinds of disagreements, blessing me with a dad that was as hard headed and stubborn as any mule and three daughters that will swear the sky is red if I say blue.
It is what it is, the question is only what " is" is?
Have a great day guys, Im spending some time in the woods.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
:rolleyes:
:rofl:
Y'all are a hoot! The good Lord has given me plenty of patience for these kinds of disagreements, blessing me with a dad that was as hard headed and stubborn as any mule and three daughters that will swear the sky is red if I say blue.
It is what it is, the question is only what " is" is?
Have a great day guys, Im spending some time in the woods.

Boy do I understand; it's sometimes becomes very trying to deal with those who are satisfied with 10 min. out of a 75 min. sermon, and read the Bible the same way.

welderguy

question-How can "soon" and "at hand" mean 2000 years later?

easy answer-one day with the Lord is as a thousand years; and a thousand years is as one day. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
I know how easy it is to get slogged down by histories, seemingly vast expanses of years, an almost uncanny perception by intimation that "I" (or, we) "have been waiting so (or, too) long".

But, my wait is brief, my life a vapor, my time...infinitesimal.

I am told "Behold, I come quickly"...when I believe that...simply because of all things that may "be believed" I am brought to believe...only Him...I do see someone coming, and whom I see, is far more than enough.

Till then, I am inclined to argue...to make a sense of things that were never given to me to consider.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awaken out of sleep; for now is our salvation nearer than when we first believed.

I believe this. If each moment turn to hour, and each hour turn to aeons. My own life still remains a vapor.

Let me ask those who are carried away in imagination. When "Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me."
Does one "imagine" it would be such a miraculous thing for a man to live to 70? 80?
Evidently there was enough implied in this that one thought it prudent to clarify what was said against what certainly was not said.

Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

It would surely appear that the misinterpretation of what was said implied a miraculously lengthy span, to say the least.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I know how easy it is to get slogged down by histories, seemingly vast expanses of years, an almost uncanny perception by intimation that "I" (or, we) "have been waiting so (or, too) long".

But, my wait is brief, my life a vapor, my time...infinitesimal.

I am told "Behold, I come quickly"...when I believe that...simply because of all things that may "be believed" I am brought to believe...only Him...I do see someone coming, and whom I see, is far more than enough.

Till then, I am inclined to argue...to make a sense of things that were never given to me to consider.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awaken out of sleep; for now is our salvation nearer than when we first believed.

I believe this. If each moment turn to hour, and each hour turn to aeons. My own life still remains a vapor.

Let me ask those who are carried away in imagination. When "Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me."
Does one "imagine" it would be such a miraculous thing for a man to live to 70? 80?
Evidently there was enough implied in this that one thought it prudent to clarify what was said against what certainly was not said.

Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

It would surely appear that the misinterpretation of what was said implied a miraculously lengthy span, to say the least.

Hoping I understand your point.

Jesus initiated a conversation with Peter in which He instructed him as to his ministry, then about his death, followed by:
19 Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me!”
20 Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them; the one who also had leaned back on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?”
21 So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?”
22 Jesus said to him, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!”
23 Therefore this saying went out among the brethren that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you?”

Auto-focus or Manual focus?
There are three potential points of focus in the above passage: Christ, people, and time.
Christ set the focus on Himself.
Peter changed it to people.
Christ changed it back to Himself.
“the brethren”, missing what Christ had done, went to people and time.
John pointed out the error.

There are four possibilities for the photo we produce:
Completely out of focus
Focused on Christ
Focused on people
Or focused on people and time.

Working lens choice into the analogy works pretty well also (high telephoto distorts depth of field, macro produces shallow depth of field, etc.)

Israel

BANNED
Hoping I understand your point.

Jesus initiated a conversation with Peter in which He instructed him as to his ministry, then about his death, followed by:
19 Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me!”
20 Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them; the one who also had leaned back on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?”
21 So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?”
22 Jesus said to him, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!”
23 Therefore this saying went out among the brethren that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you?”

Auto-focus or Manual focus?
There are three potential points of focus in the above passage: Christ, people, and time.
Christ set the focus on Himself.
Peter changed it to people.
Christ changed it back to Himself.
“the brethren”, missing what Christ had done, went to people and time.
John pointed out the error.

There are four possibilities for the photo we produce:
Completely out of focus
Focused on Christ
Focused on people
Or focused on people and time.

Working lens choice into the analogy works pretty well also (high telephoto distorts depth of field, macro produces shallow depth of field, etc.)

Thank you.

Yes, When the focus is on Christ, time takes its proper place, as do people. As "I" too, must, as a people.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Thank you.

Yes, When the focus is on Christ, time takes its proper place, as do people. As "I" too, must, as a people.

There is a lot of talk about choices.
Should that talk be about focus?
Without a doubt we feel what we call confusion … should “I” or should “I” not.
Perhaps that is when we are out of focus.
It seems the rest that God promises comes only from “You follow Me”.

hobbs27

There's a lot in those last verses of John. It is not wise to focus on any singular part or say one is more important than the other.

If your quest is to focus on Christ , focus on the whole of Christ, not just what fits for you. Peter was told " you follow me", He was also told it was nothing to him if Jesus chose to save John till His coming.

The others started a rumor that John would never die, but that's not what Jesus said.

Following Jesus is knowing Jesus..All of Jesus, the Jesus that keeps His word!

hobbs27

Thanks to welderguy for wishing me a big one this weekend. Next time a simple " good luck" will be sufficient. I killed a 55 1/2 " Timber Rattler.
I believe Art is on to something in his last post. I'm still trying to work out the " seeing God" that Job and Moses did with John 1:18.

I have seen two schools of thought. 1. They saw Jesus and 2. They saw something representative of God as in the burning bush.

hobbs27

gordon 2

Thanks to welderguy for wishing me a big one this weekend. Next time a simple " good luck" will be sufficient. I killed a 55 1/2 " Timber Rattler.
I believe Art is on to something in his last post. I'm still trying to work out the " seeing God" that Job and Moses did with John 1:18.

I have seen two schools of thought. 1. They saw Jesus and 2. They saw something representative of God as in the burning bush.

Exodus 33:20 (KJV) And he said , Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live .

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Psalm 27:8

Job says: And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;... Job (19:26)

Jesus says: Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God. ( beautitude)

And John says this:

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

What I understand John is saying is that no man has seen the Savior yet, as per his description in scripture, since man of faith has been waiting for Him, the only begotten Son, up to this point in time, but our Jesus is Him.

With time God informed people of faith to seek the face of God and not only to seek His face in the spirit but bodily. And I suppose it is true that both needed to die if this was to happen-- which is what is achieved in the Savior.

For me this not seeing and seeing is man's story of faith. The man of faith prays and hopes. God knowing what man needs answers prayers--even when the saints don't know how and for what to pray. From " if you see my face you will die" to the command to " seek my face" demands much faith. Not unlike Abraham's.

When Abraham set to sacrifice his son as was commanded, did his son die? I think that perhaps "seeking the face" is in the same league. By comparison to the ancients, we have it pretty easy, the savior they sought to intervene in the world now lives-- and if I understand John's gospel correctly, and John 1:18 Jesus is Him. Do you see ? :)

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Exodus 33:20 (KJV) And he said , Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live .

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Psalm 27:8

Job says: And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;... Job (19:26)

Jesus says: Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God. ( beautitude)

And John says this:

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

What I understand John is saying is that no man has seen the Savior yet, as per his description in scripture, since man of faith has been waiting for Him, the only begotten Son, up to this point in time, but our Jesus is Him.

With time God informed people of faith to seek the face of God and not only to seek His face in the spirit but bodily. And I suppose it is true that both needed to die if this was to happen-- which is what is achieved in the Savior.

For me this not seeing and seeing is man's story of faith. The man of faith prays and hopes. God knowing what man needs answers prayers--even when the saints don't know how and for what to pray. From " if you see my face you will die" to the command to " seek my face" demands much faith. Not unlike Abraham's.

When Abraham set to sacrifice his son as was commanded, did his son die? I think that perhaps "seeking the face" is in the same league. By comparison to the ancients, we have it pretty easy, the savior they sought to intervene in the world now lives-- and if I understand John's gospel correctly, and John 1:18 Jesus is Him. Do you see ? :)

Maybe to see God or his face isn't literal but spiritual. Maybe Adam saw God's face and died. It's probably something spiritual and deeper than seeing a physical face. A blind man can see God.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
The “source” identified (a Fox News segment on 10/16/13) is only 7:36 min. on this one (you can jump to the 5:10 point and get the vital stuff).

Agree or not. Hagee has been added to the wiki list of date setters through his four blood moons debacle.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Lauren Green is, in my opinion, and excellent journalist. She nails the issue down.
Again, Hagee does not predict an event or a time. To my surprise, the only scriptural interpretation that I identified was Acts 2 (He mentioned the 7 days, but applied no interpretation that I caught).

Hagee is a little smarter than this guy. Hagee just presents facts in a way that can be misinterpreted by end times fanatics; McCann assigns likelihood.

“'There’s a strong likelihood that this will happen,' McCann said, although he did leave some room for error: 'Which means there’s an unlikely possibility that it will not.'”

hobbs27

Hagee is a little smarter than this guy. Hagee just presents facts in a way that can be misinterpreted by end times fanatics; McCann assigns likelihood.

.'”

I spend most of my free time debating eschatology with JW's now. Their eschatology is essential to their faith, so once you tear that down they must admit they have fallen for a false and dangerous teaching.

Hagee does the same thing JW's do in spreading their beliefs. Hagee reflects on Acts 2 as Peter tells of the signs in heaven starting at verse 19. His entire argument is easily defeated by just backing up to verse 14, and in verse 16 where Peter declares ( this is that.) Well if Peter declared the events as ( This is That) Then it was fulfilled at Pentecost, it is that simple.

Hagee is a false teacher, and not only mistranslates but misrepresents Gods word.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Hagee is a false teacher, and not only mistranslates but misrepresents Gods word.

Indeed, as do many others.
But
What is the warrant for making false statements about false teachers?
[That is from the Quran, by some interpretations]

Last edited:

gordon 2

Well to add hot spice to the gumbo. Russia is bombing "western" allies in Syria today via curse missles from ships 900 miles away in broad daylight. Launched from the Caspian Sea, they flew over Iran and Iraq to reach their targets.

The areas bombed in Syria--just happens to to be very close to where the Egyptian Pharoah was made famous as a demi-god warrior and Egypt famous during the days of Moses. ( This last bit is the spice.)

hobbs27

Well to add hot spice to the gumbo. Russia is bombing "western" allies in Syria today via curse missles from ships 900 miles away in broad daylight. Launched from the Caspian Sea, they flew over Iran and Iraq to reach their targets.

The areas bombed in Syria--just happens to to be very close to where the Egyptian Pharoah was made famous as a demi-god warrior and Egypt famous during the days of Moses. ( This last bit is the spice.)

I'm still here. Survived yet another end time event! :yeah:

There's always going to be news headlines and they are never going to be another chapter in the Bible.

On Damascus: http://americanvision.org/9371/isaiah-17-damascus-bible-prophecy-has-been-fulfilled/

Last edited: