Is this an unconventional fix?

Fishin & Hunting

About 16 years ago I bought a new used bow, a 2001 PSE Quantum. It was at that time I stopped using my PSE Laser I bought new in 1978. At this time I also changed from finger shooting to a release (25% to 60% let off). It was at this time I also started to have a problem with un-voluntarily coming off the back wall every once in a while. As I got older I started to do this more often, so 7 years ago I bought a new PSE Bow Madness 32" with a 50 to 60 lb draw range. Reducing the weight I was holding helped for a little while. I asked a couple pro's for help but I found nothing that helped me. But I may not have been properly describing my issue. This year I even went to a thumb style release to see if that would help. While the thumb style release didn't help the problem, I like it better. I found this problem was causing me to hurry my shot since I knew if I held the shot for better aiming, it would just increase my chance of coming off the back wall.

For the last couple weeks I thought of a possible solution. I am shooting a 29" draw length. Keeping the cam setting the same for the 29" draw length, I increased my limb stop to 29.5". My problem has gone away. My accuracy has increase a bunch.

Has anyone else done this, or heard of it being done?

Hillbilly stalker

Does the back wall feel “ spongey “ now ? As long as you can shoot it, nothing else matters. Most of the speed bows I have shot are quick off the back wall like your describing. The design of the cam makes a huge difference. The old wheel bows and some of the 2 cam bows we used to shoot hardly had a wall and we killed deer with them just fine. If you can shoot it, do it. Confidence has a plot to do with your shooting just like shooting pool.

Fishin & Hunting

Now I don't get to the limb stop. So it feels like I am holding the same weight for about a 1/4" of draw. Easier for me to let say sit in the pocket and not come out till I release the arrow.