Is this the Atheists/Agnostics/Apologetics section

WaltL1

I just wished he’d understand the concept from your viewpoint - why his God and how does he know? Why not Allah, Indian Joe’s Great Spirit, etc.? I think it’ll help him understand more of why you ask the questions that you do.

Many Christians get offended when asked because they fail to realize that when a person doesn’t acknowledge any God / gods because of the lack of evidence, it’s like trying to prove to Ray it was Bigfoot that ate his cow when there’s never been a dead Bigfoot found, or a picture of him out there, and “you gotta believe me because there’s a show called Finding Bigfoot and they said......”
I just wished he’d understand the concept from your viewpoint - why his God and how does he know? Why not Allah, Indian Joe’s Great Spirit, etc.? I think it’ll help him understand more of why you ask the questions that you do.
What I dont get is that every Christian I ever met was more than capable of understanding it. Most, not all, just refuse to.
Its as though it would be against their beliefs.
My opinion is that those Christians who are willing to examine both sides of the coin with an open mind, are probably the most secure in their beliefs.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What " dont get is that every Christian I ever met was more than capable of understanding it. Most, not all, just refuse to.
Its as though it would be against their beliefs.
My opinion is that those Christians who are willing to examine both sides of the coin with an open mind, are probably the most secure in their beliefs.
I’d say you’re very accurate with that statement.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Didn't deal with what I said.
It addresses what we talked about in this thread at one point and gives you another perspective and counterpoint to consider.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
[QUOTE="Newt2, post: 12765623, member: 13894]

SemperFiDawg said:
It just strikes me as odd that you show up touting your knowledge about handguns in an A/A/A forum

Where did I say that in this thread in this section?
[/QUOTE]

Your very second post.

I sure hope I don't have to leave this site just as soon as I started because my beliefs contradict what others believe. I have over 40 years of handgun hunting experience where I can make contributions to this site based on experience and extensive ballistic testing

[QUOTE="Newt2, post: 12765623, member: 13894]Taking things out of context and inserting words not said doesn't make your argument.[/QUOTE]

You would be absolutely correct Sir, but I don't have an argument, just an impression, and I hope I'm mistaken. Enjoy the forum.

SemperFiDawg

:rofl:
We know you love you some Dawkins :bounce:

I think most everyone would/could take Dawkins more serious if he could get out of his own way and drop denigration from his repertoire. IMHO the minute you chose to denigrate someone or their belief, it's a pretty good sign you a) are insecure in your position, b) your position is rationally untenable, or c) both. There's good skeptics out there that don't have to stoop to that level to state their position, unfortunately Dawkins isn't one of them. His emotional attachment to the subject and his ego, render him rationally impotent. He only survives on his showmanship. Just my opinion.

WaltL1

I think most everyone would/could take Dawkins more serious if he could get out of his own way and drop denigration from his repertoire. IMHO the minute you chose to denigrate someone or their belief, it's a pretty good sign you a) are insecure in your position, b) your position is rationally untenable, or c) both. There's good skeptics out there that don't have to stoop to that level to state their position, unfortunately Dawkins isn't one of them. His emotional attachment to the subject and his ego, render him rationally impotent. He only survives on his showmanship. Just my opinion.
I'll be honest, I havent listened to him enough to formulate an opinion about him. Just a few minutes here and there when somebody has posted it here on this forum. I know that might be some sort of A/A "sin" because he was certainly held in high regard by most A/As. To me, these famous folks are just another guy/gal with an opinion regardless of which side they are on and I would just as soon get opinions from "regular folks" like myself.
I picked the below interview with him at random and Im going to see if I can force myself to watch the whole thing.

SemperFiDawg

I'll be honest, I havent listened to him enough to formulate an opinion about him. Just a few minutes here and there when somebody has posted it here on this forum. I know that might be some sort of A/A "sin" because he was certainly held in high regard by most A/As. To me, these famous folks are just another guy/gal with an opinion regardless of which side they are on and I would just as soon get opinions from "regular folks" like myself.
I picked the below interview with him at random and Im going to see if I can force myself to watch the whole thing.

To me, these famous folks are just another guy/gal with an opinion regardless of which side they are on and I would just as soon get opinions from "regular folks" like myself.

Well said.