ISO Jackson Lake Fishing Partner

Bone Collector

I'm looking for a fishing partner with Lake Jackson knowledge. I have a bass boat, but I don't know the lake and I don't know any fisherman in the area.

I'd like to expand to other areas and fish tournaments at some point too.

Let me know if you're interested.

BC

Ajohnson0587

I'm looking for a fishing partner with Lake Jackson knowledge. I have a bass boat, but I don't know the lake and I don't know any fisherman in the area.

I'd like to expand to other areas and fish tournaments at some point too.

Let me know if you're interested.

BC
I just got my first boat a few months ago and I've been fishing Jackson a lot, I haven't figured it out but I have been catching 4-8 fish (LM & Hybrids) each trip (I did skunk on Sunday lol). I have only been able to locate 2 spots where the always seem to be, but that is a evening pattern. Most fish are caught by just trying to cover as much water as possible. Also all the fish have pulled off the banks and moved into deeper water.

Old Yapper

I just got my first boat a few months ago and I've been fishing Jackson a lot, I haven't figured it out but I have been catching 4-8 fish (LM & Hybrids) each trip (I did skunk on Sunday lol). I have only been able to locate 2 spots where the always seem to be, but that is a evening pattern. Most fish are caught by just trying to cover as much water as possible. Also all the fish have pulled off the banks and moved into deeper water.
The same old spots under the power lines are producing just as they did 50 years ago.
Prowl around in there and you'll see how the channel bends and cuts along side the long bar coming out from the west bank (that's the side on your right as you head south toward the dam..that is the west side)
There's some key sharp breaks underwater there, but it'll take you all of 15 minutes with your depthfinder to get pinpointed.
TROUBLES==> Skiers and those jet things love to come close to you when you're anchored out there.
That'll get you started....and learn some new curse words for the "water pests":)

Old Yapper

I have a love/hate relationship with Jackson. Love to fish it but hate the jet skiers and wake boats. The waves get so big sometimes I have almost been thrown off my boat..
I know the feeling. :cautious:

Ajohnson0587

The same old spots under the power lines are producing just as they did 50 years ago.
Prowl around in there and you'll see how the channel bends and cuts along side the long bar coming out from the west bank (that's the side on your right as you head south toward the dam..that is the west side)
There's some key sharp breaks underwater there, but it'll take you all of 15 minutes with your depthfinder to get pinpointed.
TROUBLES==> Skiers and those jet things love to come close to you when you're anchored out there.
That'll get you started....and learn some new curse words for the "water pests":)
I know that exact spot is. I'll bee sure to sped more time there next time I'm out on the lake. I can't wait for the winter when i can really pick the lake apart and find all the off shore hot spots the wake boats and jet ski's are terrible, but I'm usually off the water before it gets too bad. I wish the lake had more grass in it.

I have a love/hate relationship with Jackson. Love to fish it but hate the jet skiers and wake boats. The waves get so big sometimes I have almost been thrown off my boat..

I almost took a swim Sunday, I just wish the wake boats would give you more room when they ride by. But it is what it is, I just leave around 10-11am.