It’s Really Late But... **1 Year Update**

ChattBuck

Yes sir it does but it looks like the clover did much better in the tire tracks where it really got packed. That’s why I asked if you had any thoughts about cultipacking it again when you plant clover.

Or just drive around in the plot with your truck for miles and miles?

I planted millet 4 days ago. It's already coming up. . . . AND it's coming up best in the tractor tire marks. Assume that's where it got the gest soil/seed contact due to being pressed in deeper/tighter when I drug those rows after spreading.

Literally made me think about driving "miles and miles' in the field next time as you suggested.

davidhelmly

Yes sir it does but it looks like the clover did much better in the tire tracks where it really got packed. That’s why I asked if you had any thoughts about cultipacking it again when you plant clover.

Or just drive around in the plot with your truck for miles and miles?
Those tire tracks were made a week or two before the photo, not at planting. The tracks look better because the wheat stubble was pressed down so you can see the clover better.

Last edited:

Ihunt

I planted millet 4 days ago. It's already coming up. . . . AND it's coming up best in the tractor tire marks. Assume that's where it got the gest soil/seed contact due to being pressed in deeper/tighter when I drug those rows after spreading.

Literally made me think about driving "miles and miles' in the field next time as you suggested.

Or find a cultipacker