It is crazy for Drivelers to miss a gathering #277

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Dang mowing and found part of the mower deck belt in yard. It was still cutting but I chose to stop.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I'm awful at the landscape thing. My neighbor, commercial landscape major, is saving me from myself. She is designing a low maintenance, read I don't want to fool with this, landscape plan for my place. Some times it pays to be pitiful. :rofl:

Yessir, I know exactly what you mean. Went to college myself for it and started my own design-build-maintenance business yrs ago. Did it for quite a few years and there was just wayyy too much involved for my liking, I found me a niche in what I advertised as “Low Impact, Light Grading and Drainage Correction Solutions”. Phone rang off the hook, had a 5 ton Dump, had the SkidSteer and Trailer already. Didn’t need but one laborer on the ground while I ran the skidsteer.

Did that for awhile and really enjoyed it and branched out into small scale demolition as well, loved that. People paying you to tear stuff down and get rid of it. Usually would just have a roll off dumpster dropped on site. When it got full called them to bring another and take the full one away. I did have 2 guys with me on the demolition.

I have no desire to deal with people like that anymore, I did at one time.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Ruger, I’m making small improvements as I go, but no major changes in landscape here. I’m too sentimental about this place and trying to maintain some of it’s Little Ol Lady Charm dedicated to my Mamaw, and Mom. They loved working out in this yard and landscape. I worked out here with them all the time and helped them out and made many suggestions along the way.

My worse problem is Huge Tree debris all the time. We’ve got some Majestic Oaks and Pecans that constantly make a mess year round it seems.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Got a spare?

Nope, and you have to drop the mower deck to replace it and the deck weighs over 100 pounds I am told. Not a one person in the garage project I don't think.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This is small time stuff, drainage and planning the plants to use for low maintenance. Given the opportunity I can jack a flower bed up pretty good.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Speaking of trees, Champ wants and probably needs to take down those big oaks growing at his cabin. The price he got seemed way high but since they are growing next to and in the case of the one out front almost through the porch. Big time arborist will be needed.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Speaking of trees, I’ve got a White Oak I need to get out of a big pot and into the ground today.

Maybe one day my Great grand children will be saying, “My great grandpaw planted that majestic White Oak”!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Nope, and you have to drop the mower deck to replace it and the deck weighs over 100 pounds I am told. Not a one person in the garage project I don't think.

Dang!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Speaking of trees, Champ wants and probably needs to take down those big oaks growing at his cabin. The price he got seemed way high but since they are growing next to and in the case of the one out front almost through the porch. Big time arborist will be needed.

My Dad has one limb taken off the huge Red Oak next to the house along with several other trees completely removed.

ROBERT, they had to bring in an 80’ crane truck and take it out from over the top of the house/bedroom and swing it around into back yard, let it down to de-branch it. Then, go back and get more. I was living in my other house and had a big Pecan too close to the house and had it removed also.

I had them clean it all up and cut to length that they would normally haul it on there truck and I wound up with 60 Tons of wood they told me. :rofl:

The base of that limb they cut and used crane to remove, on the first cut at firewood length, I got 36 sticks of firewood. Jag and I couldn’t even pickup about the first 7-10 chunks and place on splitter. Had to use tractor, gin pole, and tree hooks.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
My Dad has one limb taken off the huge Red Oak next to the house along with several other trees completely removed.

ROBERT, they had to bring in an 80’ crane truck and take it out from over the top of the house/bedroom and swing it around into back yard, let it down to de-branch it. Then, go back and get more. I was living in my other house and had a big Pecan too close to the house and had it removed also.

I had them clean it all up and cut to length that they would normally haul it on there truck and I wound up with 60 Tons of wood they told me. :rofl:

The base of that limb they cut and used crane to remove, on the first cut at firewood length, I got 36 sticks of firewood. Jag and I couldn’t even pickup about the first 7-10 chunks and place on splitter. Had to use tractor, gin pole, and tree hooks.

Forgot to eat your Wheaties?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

I use my motorcycle lift for many jobs like this. Gets back under low parts and lifts fairly high with good capacity.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
just two more pages and bingo this one is done

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
crack it up

Status
Not open for further replies.