It is now illegal to park your boat in your driveway

Thread starter #1

kikkup

In gwinette county they have now made it illegal to park a boat or any other rv, or trailer in your driveway, beside or in front of your house, I had a gentleman come by friday to inform me that I could no longer park my boat's beside my house on my driveway, The new law says they have to be parked in the back yard on a concrete or pebble pad at least 15 feet from any property line, The zoning code is ZR1001.5
It reads as follows:

In any residential district, the parking of any motor vehicle except on a hard surfaced driveway or in a carport or garage is prohibited. Any recreational vehicle or any non motor vehicle may only be parked in a carport,enclosed structure,or in the rear yard on a paved surface[or approved porous or grassed paving system] Any vehicles parked in the rear yard not in the carport or an enclosed structure must be parked at least 15 feet from the property line.

Do we still live in America... When I pay almost 3000.00 a year in taxes doesn't that give me the right to park wherever I want....

Last edited:

Xzuatl

Q. Who are you going to shoot first?
A. Code Enforcement.

:bounce:

dwhee87

Unreal. Sounds like a property rights court challenge is in order.

Gwinnett County is unbearable. It is all about the fines. They are a borderline Police State.

drhunter1

I'm looking to move as soon as I get a chance.

The bad part of it is that some are just fine living under their oppressive thumb. Some are right here on this forum.

If you try and take action they whine and complain that "nothing is going to change" and they generally just make excuses.

I learned a lot about my fellow citizen.

Thread starter #6

kikkup

This includes rv's travel traler's car trailer's utility trailers etc.
He also told me I couldn't leave ladders on my truck at night or have them outside. He gave me a 5 page list front and back of new laws..
He was nice, even said he thought some of the stuff was stupid, but thats what our lawmakers has decided, It's about time people make them understand they work for us not vice versa..

biker13

But its ok for there to be 15 cars parked in driveway and yard and 18 family members in one house.

Thread starter #10

kikkup

If you can get enough people with a backbone to stand up it can be done, I have already talked to 3 lawyer friends who live here who have rv's and boats who is checking into what can be done... If your not willing to fight for what you believe in , You can't complain when they run over you, Thats whats wrong with our country now too many people have stood back and let the government run over us when all the time we have the power to change it... We live in a free country because somebody fought to make it that way,when you let these politicians run over you it's like slapping the Men and Women in the face that made it that way so you can sleep in your comfortable bed at night... I come from a long line of men that fought for this country because we still believe that it's the greatest country on earth...

If you can get enough people with a backbone to stand up it can be done, I have already talked to 3 lawyer friends who live here who have rv's and boats who is checking into what can be done... If your not willing to fight for what you believe in , You can't complain when they run over you, Thats whats wrong with our country now too many people have stood back and let the government run over us when all the time we have the power to change it... We live in a free country because somebody fought to make it that way,when you let these politicians run over you it's like slapping the Men and Women in the face that made it that way so you can sleep in your comfortable bed at night... I come from a long line of men that fought for this country because we still believe that it's the greatest country on earth...
Good luck to you. Better ask for prayers. They have the power and have built themselves an organization to protect it.

Unbelievable bureaucracy including large federal money.

Cities have been doing this for decades. This isn't something new. I agree with DRhunter on these matters.

seaweaver

START A FACE BOOK PAGE

use it to co-ordinate your efforts. It is simple, you can use it to focus on re-elections, ect.

cw

Thats the exact reason I can't live in a neighborhood..........among others.:)
If you check, they control the "unorganized " sections of the county also. The only way to save your liberties is to LEAVE !!

3 are coming up for reelection, we should campaign against them. Maybe a tea party candidate?

START A FACE BOOK PAGE

use it to co-ordinate your efforts. It is simple, you can use it to focus on re-elections, ect.

cw
The Board is elected and the Chair of the Board is elected, but the power is passed to the Administrator.

Look at the backgrounds of the Board and you will see how big of a job you have on your hands. They are entrenched.