It's go time.

CritterCatcher

Sent the license app and started prepping traps today. Won't be long now. Gonna try to make it to convention next week, but I have a treatment the day before, so I might not make it.

I need another dozen DP's and that's the place to get them. The farmer I have been trapping for has sold all of his cattle so I won't have them to contend with getting into my traps. The fields have all been planted with corn so I am thinking it will be overrun with coon this year. That won't be good for the turkey population at all, so I gotta get after them. Also hoping Brian McKee will have some of the new Alpha traps from MB at convention.

Doug B.

Sent the license app and started prepping traps today. Won't be long now. Gonna try to make it to convention next week, but I have a treatment the day before, so I might not make it.

I need another dozen DP's and that's the place to get them. The farmer I have been trapping for has sold all of his cattle so I won't have them to contend with getting into my traps. The fields have all been planted with corn so I am thinking it will be overrun with coon this year. That won't be good for the turkey population at all, so I gotta get after them. Also hoping Brian McKee will have some of the new Alpha traps from MB at convention.
I must have missed something somewhere, but, a treatment? I don't mean to be insensitive. I hope everything goes well. My thoughts and prayers brother.

Let us know if you make it to the convention. Maybe you could even post some pictures!

CritterCatcher

Been battling bladder cancer for going on six years now. They can't seem to make it go away and stay away. I'll probably lose my bladder in the end, but I can still trap, fish and hunt with a bag, so it's all good. Thanks for the prayers.

I'll try to get some pics. If I do make it, it will just be on Sat.

Doug B.

Been battling bladder cancer for going on six years now. They can't seem to make it go away and stay away. I'll probably lose my bladder in the end, but I can still trap, fish and hunt with a bag, so it's all good. Thanks for the prayers.

Sorry man, I didn't know that. I'm glad you can still hunt and fish and trap.

mossyoakpro

I'm planning on going Friday...if you want me to pick something up for you I would be glad to do that. I'll ship it on my dime...just let me know. Glad to help a fellow trapper out!!

furtaker

God bless. I try to not take my health for granted.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

Awesome attitude! I hope to have your sand if I ever face a serious health issue....

This post came at a good time for me because I found out today that a work buddy is about to lose the battle with cancer.

Hospice is on the scene, and he is just plain give out. No more fight left in him.

He's the guy that everyone is gonna miss.

CritterCatcher

I'm planning on going Friday...if you want me to pick something up for you I would be glad to do that. I'll ship it on my dime...just let me know. Glad to help a fellow trapper out!!

Thank you, sir. I really do appreciate the offer as I know it is sincere. Trappers do look out for each other for sure. I am making a list now, and it includes a lot of traps. If Brian has any of the new Alpha traps, I will be getting some of those and will need drags and chain for them as well. I run 12 or 13 feet of chain too, so the shipping on it would kill you. I also need some baits and lures that I have to look at and decide. So, while I am grateful for your generosity, it probably wouldn't work out.

I think I'll be able to tough it out enough to make it Saturday anyway. God bless you.

On a better note, I got three mock sets in on the farm yesterday. We'll see if we get any takers. Put a camera on the one that I think will show activity.

mossyoakpro

I'm hoping Dustin from Trapshed can get his lure done by this weekend...it's some of the best I have used. I only bought a small sample to try and now it's one of my favorites....apparently it's a lot of folks favorite, he's been sold out a long time :)

Other than that I may pick up another dozen traps of some sort...Alphas if available, K9 Extreme if they're not. I have never been even though I am a life member...I'm really looking forward to it

Latest posts