Its Time !!....One last Mid-West from the tree update !!.....May be a little COLD??

BornToHuntAndFish

Don't look like a shot...haven't heard from blu but this is from bubba.

big 10 came in woods with me ....stood at 75yd till black dark....oh for a gun

OMG!!! That big ole 10 tease.:bounce::whip: Ouch, that's gotta hurt some. Man, I'd be thinking the same kinda things.

TheOriginal_DMW

man they have had a Awesome hunt from what i have read here. I have rushed home from work all week just to read the updates and with the hopes of a Monster in a pic.

I wanna say thank you for the post been great and exciting, Was pulling for yall to bust a Stud all week,, :clap::cheers:

Greg

As usual, these updates have been great. I sure hope to make a similar trip in the future but I need to get my heart in better shape first. I do not think I could stand it right now.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Glad yall have been following along and enjoying the hunt. We have had all kinds of fun doing these for a lot of years and don't expect em to stop...only to get better.

Course usually I'm there and yall would have at the very least had a closing statement by now :D

See yall next year

BornToHuntAndFish

Can't wait 'til blu & bubba get back to the cabin & have dinner, then hopefully we'll hear more about some of the details of what was going on in their heads & minds with all this super abundant whitetail craziness & what was going on around their stands & if they rocked any deer's worlds this evening. It would've been driving me nuts, keeping me & my nerves rattled trying to take in & keep up with all the big game action.

Last edited:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Well......Its over guys and gals !....All I can say is...WOW....WOW!!!!!!
We were coverd up tonight like most of the other evenings , and days for that matter !...I cant tell you how many I seen tonight, but I had 40plus under me...another group in crp 100yds behind me...group coming across rear bean field to me and more that had already made it to the preferred front bean field.....oh yeah and a BEAST 8pt ...150 plus in front crp between me and Blu !
I was 25 ft up and 3 of the group under me lockd on me for 30 mins,so I couldnt even get my bow off the hanger.....they come in fast !!
They all left for front field and I thought I was done for the last 30 mins without a shot after all those deer.....Then Blu text another group in back field......I start glassing and here they come with the big 10 pt from the night before in tow !!!!.....He walks in the wood lot with me and stands motionless 75yds out until black dark......Thats when I congratulated him out loud and warned him not to be to comfortable next year for round TWO !!!!....I hope him an I are both back at the same location next year !!!

Thanks for following along folks......hope it was entertaing as it was a blast for us!!!

JT....brother,Thanks for keeping it updated and I expect you to actually do it from the stand next year !!!!

Blu...its been a great trip dude and I hope we top it next year....9 months and counting!!

Got to get some sleep for the drive back......hope the roads are clear....later folks !

jwea89

ive been watching this all week and i want to say thanks guys, these things are a blast to keep up with

drive safe

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Well I for one thank y'all for carrying us with ya,cause that is exactly what it seemed like!:cheers:

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Well there are 16 watching this thread as I post... it has been great as always! I have more fun reading about whats happening up there than sitting in the woods for 4 hours freezing to death in south Georgia and not seeing a single deer :bounce: I don't know how ya'll do it but after several hours in sub freezing temps this morning I was sure feeling sorry for ya'll... BTW JT, the hand warmer works great with a blueberry cream cheese danish too! Thanks for sharing your Mid-West adventure with the rest of us :cheers:

Shine Runner

I just got back from a weekend of watching trees and was so glad to be able to read about a REAL hunt! Thanks!

kevincox

Sounds like some does needed to be thinned out on yall's place. Course everywhere Ive hunted in the mid-west has had a huge doe population. But 40 under you at 1 time. Good lord

BornToHuntAndFish

Thx for filling in more of the details, bubba. Sounds like you have a rematch for a final showdown next year. I wasn't expecting what happened on this thread. Wish I would've been strapped in with my seatbelt tight for the rocketship ride ya'll took us on. Have a quick safe return trip home & get a well deserved nite's rest.

XJfire75

Thanks y'all!

Lookin forwards to next years live thread. Hopfully a few of them!!

Y'all be safe gettin home!

Blu

WOW what a week .....didn't connect with a buck but had a blast trying ....brought home a fine midwest nanny !!!!and saw hundreds more and lots of large Bucks ...I think Bubba and I would connected with a Beast with another day or two of hunting.....cant wait to try em again next year .....Randy and JT missed yall this trip but thanks for all the help on the thred!!!!! talk to yall later:flag::flag::flag:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Bringing this up for JT, Blu, and Randy !!!

Folks, ya'll start getting your minds right......The updates are only a few short months away and coming quick !!!

Although I may need a hunting buddy for a few trips???.....anybody ???:bounce: