Its tough to lose a pet

denny

Returned from a short trip to Toronto to learn that our Golden had a seizure. My wife took him to the vet, and he had a brain tumor. We had to put him down today. He was 13 and had a good life, he loved to retrieve my practice pitch shots in the back yard. I could grab my sand wedge and he would just go crazy. Paden was a good dog, and we will miss him.

gadeerwoman

My sympathy to you Denny. It is always hard to say goodbye to a close friend, be it human or animal. But their memories stay in our hearts forever. Remember the good times together and treasure the joy he brought to your life. He's playing now with some of my 'best buddies' from times past.

Meriwether Mike

Sorry to hear about the passing of Paden. They are just like family members. Our Maggie passed away several years ago and my wife is still not ready to get another dog. :(

Timbo

Sorry to hear about this.I have 3 pets that are like my children,and hate to have to cross this bridge you are on right now.

C

Cward

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. :( Good dogs are a blessing!

Al33

Like Timbo,

I will have to cross that bridge one day myself and I regret you are doing so now.

Never thought I could love an animal so much. Tex, the lab in my avatar, has been with me for over 13 years. He has a hard time getting around due to hip problems, but otherwise he is in great health. I can only hope he will die in his sleep so I am not forced to make the call.

Hate it for you Denny.

Al

leadoff

GONetwork Member
denny

Sorry for your loss. I am sure Paden was a beloved member of the family, and his absence will definitely cause grief. However, I think you said it best in your post to me some time back, "You have some fine memories....It is a sad day for you, but time will ease your pain."

I fear the day Cora (my lab/golden mix) is no longer there to greet me at the door. I guess that is why we should make the best of the present time! :(

Will

GeauxLSU

Sorry to hear that Denny. Had to do that for (note I did not say 'to') a GREAT Boxer we had named Crockett.
It's just their time and their way of making room for another lucky dog.
Thousands of dogs getting put down every day. Both of ours (boxer and mutt) are GREAT dogs and both are adopted/saved from euthenasia. They are both getting up in age (over 10) so it's only a matter of time for them too.. :(
Glad you had a good friend.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Timberman

I've buried a bunch of them myself. Sorry to hear it.

CAL

Denny,
I am sorry you lost your dog.I don't think we ever really get over losing our pets.It is unreal how close people and animals can get as you know.I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you and the Mrs.!

denny

Thanks guys, and Sandra, for the comments. Its been a hard day, thanks for helping me through it.

Duff

denny, sorry to hear that. Funny how we get attached to animals. My wife has a cocker spanial that is 13 and she can't see or hear very much and that terrible day is going to come my way soon, and I dread it. Sorry for you man.

HMwolfpup

Sorry to hear about your loss. My dogs are getting older now and I'm dreading that day myself. Deepest sympathy.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Denny,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my golden 4yrs ago. He was 12 and his kidneys and heart failed on him. Not many things will make a man cry, but losing his dog is one of them.

Tommy