I've seen enough about coons! its time for a rabbit thread!

p&y finally

We ran the dogs this afternoon after a thunderstorm cooled things down a little. only had one race but it was a good'un. It lasted over a hour and that dang buck rabbit took em to the other side of the swamp almost out of hearing distance. Got eat up by skeeters and sunk up over my knee high boots in mud and water but it was fun as always. Cant wait till November! Took a few pictures but as always its hard to get all 5 dogs in the pic at the same time.

Attachments

• 105_1733.jpg
    105_1733.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 105_1755.jpg
    105_1755.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 105_1754.jpg
    105_1754.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 325

Arrow3

Looking good Chris!! I can't wait till we can go...:clap:

Retired Army Guy

Cool!!! I ran all of mine one day last week in the evening. It was terrible hot & very hard on the dogs. They ran hard non stop for the first hour and then laid down, I took it as they were telling me they were done. I don't abuse them tho, when its that hot I carry a bowl and a jug of water and let them drink every 15 Min's or so.

I let my pup chase a San Juan around the yard tonight. He opened up on it a little and then caught it! He almost killed it I had to pry it out of his mouth!

Hardwood

I turned 2 of mine out tonight after the rain and had a good race behind the house. They ran it about 45 minutes till it got good and dark and I caught em. Sure was pretty. Hadnt ran em any lately cause the heat.

toolshead86

i ran my pack an my uncles pack saturday morning till they came back to the truck about 11. had two main races one that started as soon as we dropped em out, an they did there thing, it lasted about three hours until we pulled em off while they were trying to check up, an moved them to the other side were its a growed up swamp that's usually dried up by now, an that race lasted about a hour but it gave them fits must have been more water in the swamp then i thought. also had two dogs pull off by there self for some solo time they probably ran about fourty five mins by there selfs. all in all four races races in five hours. these rabbit are some vetrans two we run atleast once a week an up two four times a week, an this is on our running ground that we have ran on as far back as i can remember.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
We run every weekend and man does it get hot fast.We usually have a good run from 5am-7am then it goes to bump-bump-bump.Those small rabbits are tough.You can really tell who has the best nose this time of year.We run 2 grown and 6 young hounds sunday and it was terrible conditions.Can't wait till october when this humidity changes.

houndsman

we ran last thursday evening after the storms dogs ran 1 rabbit for about an hour and second race about 30 min. dogs were exhausted going back wed. evening for another round i'll try to get some pics

Hasn't rain Here at my place in a week, dry and hot today at 3:30 p.m. when I decided to let five of my hounds our, so I could clean their kennels real good.

I let our my Blue Tick male Jeb, my red male, Hambone, a young red tick female, Peggy Sue, red tick, female, Whistling Dixie, and a 8 month old red tick pup, Scooter.

It didn't take them anytime at all to have a rabbit up and they ran it, untill about 6:30, when they call came back too the Kennels with their toungus all hung our!

I had all their water bowles, full of fresh cool water and feed pans with their daily feed, they were for the bed.

I Counted up the days about, 150 days to go!

Keep Looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>