IWB Holsters

snuffy

For you guys that have IWB Holsters with straps. How do you put them on?

I know about the Pull The Dot snaps, but they are still awkward for me to put on.

Most of mine have clips and they don't feel secure.

Mars

I don't use the button straps anymore but when I did would put my pants and belt on but not fasten my belt. I'd then slide the gun and holster in my pants and fish the straps behind my belt. Snap the buttons then faster my belt.

transfixer

I know about the Pull The Dot snaps, but they are still awkward for me to put on.

I feel the same way about the straps, I had a Raven concealment iwb holster that was very slim, rounded edges, very comfortable, but those pull dot straps were aggravating, ended up selling that pistol and let the holster go with it, I still have a couple of Andrews leather IWB holsters, they use a single wide strap which is easier for me to manipulate than the double ones, but I have no issue with my kydex ones with plastic clips staying put either

Mars

I'm not sure how well it would work for 3-4 o'clock carry but I like the neomag alias for appendix carry.

deerslayer357

I have a simply rugged sourdough holster- carry a 1911 commander sized IWB at 7-8 o’clock (left handed)- I have found it easiest to put pants on, tuck holster in, then thread belt loops and straps all at once and I leave the straps snapped almost always. Easiest way to work with it for me.

My crossbreed supertuck I put belt on, then slide metal clips over the belt as I tuck holster into waistband.

Dub

I only use my snaps when I take my holster off.

For putting them on....I leave them snapped and in the desired position on my pants....then thread the belt through the loops.

Much easier for me.

pacecars

I use a Milt Sparks VM 2 with the snaps and put it on and take it off with the snaps with no problems. They now offer it with rare earth magnets that supposedly hold it securely and are easy to use

Lilly001

I use the Sparks Summer special, it works great (thanks for the recommendation Dub), by threading it on my belt and pants before I put them on. Once on I put the gun in.
I do the same with my OWB holsters.
I never liked fooling with snaps or buckles. My arthritic hands don’t like it either.

Adam5

I carry an Sig P239 in a Milt Sparks VMII. I place the holster in position and feed my belt through the loops when putting my belt on.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 3

snuffy

Milt Sparks has the summer special in stock.
The also have 1.75 belt loops available.
My belt is 1.5" would the larger loops make it easier to put on?
Or it be too loose?

Lilly001

Milt Sparks has the summer special in stock.
The also have 1.75 belt loops available.
My belt is 1.5" would the larger loops make it easier to put on?
Or it be too loose?
I can’t imagine it being loose.
Mine grabs like glue.
I tried it without a t-shirt under it and it rubbed my skin bad.

Lilly001

I was talking about using 1 3/4" loops on a 1 1/2" belt.
Yeah. I think the larger loops will make it easier to thread. And the “stickiness “ of the leather will keep it in place.