Jamie Newman

fairhopebama

Didn't pay much attention to him but he is highly touted. How do Dog fans feel about him?
Do you really think you will get an honest answer? He is the next Heisman that is the one piece of the puzzle to bring home a NC behind all the 5* that they litter the field with week in week out. Can't believe they are stooping to such levels as to take a transfer QB from Wake Forest. Coley will have him screwed up too by mid season.

SpotandStalk

Do you really think you will get an honest answer? He is the next Heisman that is the one piece of the puzzle to bring home a NC behind all the 5* that they litter the field with week in week out. Can't believe they are stooping to such levels as to take a transfer QB from Wake Forest. Coley will have him screwed up too by mid season.

Apparently most dog fans dont know what to think because they have yet to reply.

Mike81

Depends on if Kirby puts him in an offense that is suited for him. We all know he did not do that with Fields.

lbzdually

Banned
UGA ran quite a few run-pass-option plays even with Fromm at QB but considering Fromm ran like he had concrete in his shoes other teams rarely had to worry about Fromm. All UGA needs is a QB who doesn't turn the ball over. If this guy comes in and doesn't not force the issue and gives UGA the run threat to where they have to account for him every play, suddenly there are running lanes for the RB's and one on one match-ups for Pickens and the other WR's.

TinKnocker

Didn't pay much attention to him but he is highly touted. How do Dog fans feel about him?
Do you really think you will get an honest answer?
Apparently most dog fans dont know what to think because they have yet to reply.
Good grief ladies! ATL traffic was terrible today. Sorry to keep you waiting!

IMO Coley called a good offense for a mobile QB.....THIS year. Problem was our QB wasn't that mobile and there wasn't enough depth to risk the injury anyways. So the little mobility Fromm displayed his first 2 years was tucked away this season.

As for Newman, with the actual threat of the run, he could be a good fit. WF lost 2 receivers to injury and their performance declined, so I don't know if the stats tell his whole story. With all the question marks on the O line next season, having a guy that can scramble a little might be a good thing! Only time will tell.

Sorry it took so long to reply Criminole. Hopefully that was honest enough for the cousin lover.

across the river

They really don’t have much of an option other than bringing in a transfer, so I think he would be better than the current options. Mathis probably has a higher ceiling, but is raw and May or not be cleared to play. Beck may have never taken a snap from under center and is also very green. Bennet is a walk-on who was in the right place at the right time to get a scholly but would not have one in any other situation. Newman is a talented dual treat with plenty of game experience, so on paper he would get the nod. Also heard the Costello kid from Stanford was interested in UGA, so who knows who it would be. They will get a transfer AB for sure. That is a given out of necessity.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I don’t want a grad transfer!
Chase Brice or Mac Jones would be the only ones I would consider but they are NOT in the portal and have NOT mentioned they would leave!

I sure don’t want a injured QB to come!(example King)

I will be PERFECTLY happy with Beck or Mathis starting, if we lose we lose!
We didn’t improve with the Transfer of Grayson Lambert and we won’t with the ones that are mentioned!

#FIRECOLEY

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don’t know much about him to tell you the truth. I watched some highlights of him on YouTube today just because I’ve heard his name mentioned so much. All I can say for sure is he’s a big guy that can run and seems to have a pretty good arm. Play to his strengths and I think we could do worse. That’s the best I can do on so little info.

SpotandStalk

I don’t want a grad transfer!
Chase Brice or Mac Jones would be the only ones I would consider but they are NOT in the portal and have NOT mentioned they would leave!

I sure don’t want a injured QB to come!(example King)

I will be PERFECTLY happy with Beck or Mathis starting, if we lose we lose!
We didn’t improve with the Transfer of Grayson Lambert and we won’t with the ones that are mentioned!

#FIRECOLEY

Cant fault you for that

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

Sebteen rangs, Paaaaaaawl!?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Fromm never exhibited any mobility. His rushing attempts in his 3 seasons at UGA totaled 55,41, and 38. In 3 seasons, he netted a whopping 40 yards rushing. Both of the last two seasons he finished with negative yards rushing.

I'm not a Fromm hater, far from it. But Coley's play calling was not suited to Jake Fromm's abilities.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don't know how I'd feel either. Hard to say when he played at Wake. Roll the dice I reckon

Yeah exactly. To me it the man ball thing is at odds with how Kirby has recruited qbs since Fromm. Fields, Plumley, Mathis, and Beck are all dual threat type guys.