Jeep tribute flag

longbowdave1

I made a tribute flag to recognize my two first respond-er children, as well as all the others that do their difficult jobs. My daughter is a RN taking care of cancer patients, and my son is about to start his law enforcement career. So thin blue line flag for Mike,and red cross for Nicole in the union of the flag.

I used 1/4" weld wire mesh. Cut it to shape and then sprayed both side with bedliner material.Many coats of masking taping and repeating to get the flag done. Followed by a clear coat on the finished project. Only so much you can do behind the grill of the Jeep, but I'm happy with the end product.Jeep flag 1.jpgjeep flag 2.jpgjeep flag 3.jpg

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks great , you’ll have people asking where u bought it !

longbowdave1

Thanks. There are places selling similar flags but not specialized like I wanted. Also range from 55 to 150$. Mesh wash 12$, had the paint on hand.

nkbigdog

Great job! My jeep is the same color, I have seen many custom patterns you can buy..But yours is by far the best I have seen!!

longbowdave1

Great job! My jeep is the same color, I have seen many custom patterns you can buy..But yours is by far the best I have seen!!
Thank you. I looked at some great websites with combination responder flags for ideas. I had to find a way for both to fit in a jeep grill. I think it turned out well. I have gotten some positive responses when driving by the police in my local small town. It stands out well against the silver color.