Jekyll Island area - boat lifts

Al White

I have a 17ft flats boat and will be headed to the St Simons area soon to fish for some trout, reds, flounder. I typically use the St Simons lift, but will be staying on Jekyll this time. Never fished at all in that area, wondering if anyone knows of a boat lift area and any tips on the inshore behind Jekyll. I see Blythe island has one - any comments/reviews on that would be appreciated also!

Mexican Squealer

Best bet for you on Jekyll would be to use the landing just south of the marina. Good ramp and extended trailer parking if you want to leave your trailer there. Great fishing in all directions behind Jekyll.

BriarPatch99

Hampton Marina did lift boats ...kind expensive though ....North end the island ....lot good fishing from there back towards the middle ...

Jones Creek, Mosquito Creek, Village Creek ...all offer good areas to fish

I'd agree with Squealer that for your size boat, the ramp just south of the Jekyll marina would be your best bet and most convenient. If you're adamant about not sinking the trailer in salt water, the best public lifts would be Blythe Island and St Simons marina. Maybe Hickory Bluff marina, but I think that one is still private and requires a membership. If you didn't want to mess with taking the boat in/out each day, dockage is pretty reasonable at Jekyll marina with fresh water and power available.