Jephthah's vow and sacrifice.

BANDERSNATCH

Satan hates us all because we are made in the image of God himself. Anyone that would want every person ever born to share in eternal ****ation with him must hate all those people, or maybe you think Satan is a wizard of love and compassion.

Lol. Theology.

BANDERSNATCH

why some people choose to live under the law instead of under grace, I can't understand. Why would someone choose to live a life of seeking approval by maintaining obligations that they think are obtainable.

I would much rather life my life with the understanding that I am loved. I am accepted and I am part of God's family. There is nothing I can do that would make God love me more, and there is nothing I can do that will make God love me less. (no, that is not a license to do anything I want whenever I want. My desire to have a relationship with the King encourages me to do things that reinforce that relationship.)

as one guy I know says... If God has a refrigerator, my picture is on the door.

Lol. I “live under the law” because my Father asked me to obey Him, if I love Him. I do. If you love me, keep my commandments. Not for salvation, as I’m already saved, but because I love Him. It’s really very simple a d fits perfectly with what we read in NT. Even your boy Paul kept the law all his days. Why would he - or anyone as you say - do that? We find the answer in Acts 21.

“That all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.”

Lol. Are you guys saying that Paul, and James and a host of Christian leaders in Jerusalem were wrong? Lmbo ??

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Lol. I “live under the law” because my Father asked me to obey Him, if I love Him. I do. If you love me, keep my commandments. Not for salvation, as I’m already saved, but because I love Him. It’s really very simple a d fits perfectly with what we read in NT. Even your boy Paul kept the law all his days. Why would he - or anyone as you say - do that? We find the answer in Acts 21.

“That all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.”

Lol. Are you guys saying that Paul, and hames and a host of leaders in Jerusalem were wrong? Lmbo ??

LOL theology

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Let's all sing together now.....

Satan loves me this I know
Cause Bandersnatcher says it so
We will laugh and we can grin
For Satan bids us come and sin..

Yes Satan loves me....

You know the rest

BANDERSNATCH

Let's all sing together now.....

Satan loves me this I know
Cause Bandersnatcher says it so
We will laugh and we can grin
For Satan bids us come and sin..

Yes Satan loves me....

You know the rest

Lol. “Yes, Lord, I know you said that the devil hates a Remnant of believers who believe in You AND keep your commandments, but you’re mistaken as he hates everyone!” Love how you guys trash scripture.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
how do you figure that? Judges 11:39 plainly states that he did as he had vowed.

:huh: I'm amazed every day by what folks on here read into and out of the plain text. I'm to the point it doesn't even surprise me what crazy gibberish people come up with.

Last edited:

BANDERSNATCH

I have zero commitment to the law and I fear no curse from it.

And, if you are in Christ, you shouldn't, since He took the curse of failure for you. He did not, though, take the blessing of obedience from you, as Jesus told us

BANDERSNATCH

Jephthah's daughter also had some suck friends... lol They never once lamented that she was about to die and they were going to lose their great friend, they only lamented that she was a virgin :ROFLMAO:

gemcgrew

And, if you are in Christ, you shouldn't, since He took the curse of failure for you. He did not, though, take the blessing of obedience from you, as Jesus told us
To be in Christ is to have all spiritual blessings. This is where redemption, justification, wisdom and righteousness are found. This is where a sinner is "accepted in the beloved". It requires nothing from me, but all of me. It is immutable and forever.

BANDERSNATCH

To be in Christ is to have all spiritual blessings. This is where redemption, justification, wisdom and righteousness are found. This is where a sinner is "accepted in the beloved". It requires nothing from me, but all of me. It is immutable and forever.

Words of our Messiah, and to be fulfilled in the future:

REv 22:14,15

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and *****mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

According to Jesus, who gets to enter the city? everyone? lol Nope....those who don't do the commandments will be least in heaven (Matt 5:19) and outside the city. Sounds like not everyone will be the same! ;-)

How do you "take it as it says" guys interpret the Lord's words? LMBO

Artfuldodger

Words of our Messiah, and to be fulfilled in the future:

REv 22:14,15

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and *****mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

According to Jesus, who gets to enter the city? everyone? lol Nope....those who don't do the commandments will be least in heaven (Matt 5:19) and outside the city. Sounds like not everyone will be the same! ;-)

How do you "take it as it says" guys interpret the Lord's words? LMBO
Any thoughts that this event may have already happened?

Artfuldodger

“Heaven and earth” passed away when the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 70AD and everything changed. No need to wait for the meteoric destruction of planet earth to stop sacrificing animals and avoiding shellfish in your diet.

Is it possible Paul kept the Law as mentioned in Acts, shaving his head, etc, because the Law was waxing until the "Heaven and Earth"(Temple) passed?

Last edited:

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
“Heaven and earth” passed away when the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 70AD and everything changed. No need to wait for the meteoric destruction of planet earth to stop sacrificing animals and avoiding shellfish in your diet.

Is it possible Paul kept the Law as mentioned in Acts, shaving his head, etc, because the Law was waxing until the "Heaven and Earth"(Temple) passed?

Preterism? :eek:

Just kidding, Art

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Revelation was written by John to certain churches to help them out.
It must have been about something that would happen "soon."
There would be a New Jerusalem in which people would live, die, have babies, and grow crops as foretold by Isaiah.
It seems to follow with Matthew 24, flee to the mountains.

Matthew 24:34
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Artfuldodger

The warnings and perhaps John's revelation of them seemed eminent. I'm not a preterist or trying to say all is finished but some of this stuff happened in 70AD. Maybe it was a mirror of what would happen spiritually in the future. Perhaps the physical mirrors the spiritual as for as events and things happen. Like a type of physical salvation(flee to the mountains) mirrors a future salvation.(everlasting life)

Thusly it could have been a period of waning Law Keepers. Not for salvation but the Law never was for salvation. Until the temple was destroyed.

Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

It seems that in many ways, many things in Scripture don't fit, and we all have various justifications in our minds as to how to make them fit.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
It seems that in many ways, many things in Scripture don't fit, and we all have various justifications in our minds as to how to make them fit.

Isn't a perceived misfit in Scripture a surefire indication of an actual error in one's understanding of Scripture, the most basic of which is one's understanding of God's revelation of Himself?