Jesus 101- Church Attendance is Not a Priority

Madman

I know a few dead people that would still be alive if they had laid off the church for awhile last year. And quite a few more that wouldn't owe tens of thousands in medical bills. Ain't no Jesus in that.
Probably not.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I know that going into a packed church setting spread covid like wildfire here back last year. Most the folks I know that got it bad, that's where they got it. If you're ok with people dying to go to church, and it's worth it to you, ok. I'm not. I doubt if Jesus is, either. I value my loved ones more than that. I think it's not too sound of judgement. I'm gonna die one day, for sure. That doesn't mean I'm gonna crawl into a bear den and poke it with a sharp stick, or go to sleep in the middle of I-40. Or go into a crowded setting in the middle of a disease epidemic.
And none of them went to Walmart and were corralled into one or two lines for an hour trying to check out?

I believe the hot spot in GA started in Albany at a funeral, not church.

The outbreaks we saw were school related.

I think what a lot of churches felt was “let us use our own judgment and don’t tell us to close the doors because church is non essential to you” - while you’re in large crowds protesting or trying to get baked beans at Walmart.

A lot of folks today (not all) that are saying churches should have used common sense also took a stand that the liberal left was making a mountain out of a molehill with Covid as part of an election tactic.

But, we took the stance that it was considered a pandemic and not normal circumstances and went livestream for a few months.

Last edited:

Madman

Nope, didn't see it with my own eyes. People are better off dead than not in church?
They would have gone to the store or work or the park or even stayed home locked away as a couple I know did, she died he was in the hospital.

Yeah, church did it.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I think some of the push back was the hypocrisy of .gov wanting to order churches closed while embracing the rioting & looting by the packed crowds at the same time.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We went to church (ours didn't close) and out to eat, to Lowe's and anywhere else we needed to go. We did fine, and none of us had the china flu until my wife went back to work at the school this August. One of the teachers there had it, spread it amongst the children, and my wife brought it home and shared it with the rest of us.

Funny thing.... she works in a small office with another lady that is on HCQ for another medical issue she has. Everyone in the office (8 other folks) all came down with the china flu except that woman on the HCQ. And she is the closest desk to my wife.

ky55

And the big box stores staying open, while the mom and pop shops had to close.

“Essential services”, same as the liquor stores.

brian lancaster

Can you name 5 traditional churches in Hall County that did not close their doors for months in 2020? Is it the proper tradition of the church to close when deemed "non-essential" by the government? If distribution of the sacraments was so important, why did so many churches close their doors in 2020?

My boat was open, and the church met there for prayer, fellowship, edification, and teaching. My dinner table was also open for all of the above and communion as well. Since traditionally ordained elders were not offering to anoint with oil and pray, the Lord told me I could, and I did.

What do people of faith do when the traditional church fails them? We keep doing what the Bible says, regardless of tradition.
I read you’re posts every now and then and all you seem to do is try to make the word of God fit what you like in life. Drinking and now not going to church.

ky55

ky55

I don’t think so. Do you have examples from each denomination?

Sorry, my statement was overly broad when I said “all”.
I can’t provide the thousands of examples needed.

Madman

I could provide one, in fact it just came up in another thread.

Divorce,

ky55

Madman

Women teaching or preaching?
Women teaching or preaching?
That is a difficult one. There is Biblical precedence and tradition, that could be a thread.

Has anyone written from an ancient position of context? Is there more than just Biblical writing that teaches?

Last edited: