Jewell Triggers?

fatback

Does anybody have experience with Jewell triggers. I’m thinking about getting a new trigger installed in a Winchester M70 I got a few months ago. Wanted folks opinions that have used one of these triggers in a hunting rifle.

HughW2

Fatback, I do not have any experience with them but would be interested as well. I purchased one of the current M70s made in Portugal and loved everything about the rifle except the trigger. I ended up with a Timney but looked over Jewell. From what I saw they do not have any replacement for the new MOA trigger system, only the old style M 70 trigger.

Reactions: Dub

TJay

I went with the Timney on my mod70 too. It had the MOA trigger which was pretty good but the Timney has been a good upgrade.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a Jewell in my Dasher that I moved over from my LR rifle. It is a great trigger for what I am using it for and how far down it adjusts to. I replaced the other trigger with a Trigger Tech Diamond and it is great for that. I have a couple of Trigger Techs in a couple other hunting rifles but they are not Diamonds.

I had this Jewell in a hunting rifle at one time and felt it wasn't necessary. Any good trigger that breaks clean at the setting you want and doesn't have creep will be fine . I do feel it is the best feeling trigger that I have, but there isn't anything wrong with the other ones I have.

specialk

ive only used timney for 25 yrs.....much like Leupold scopes, i'll keep using them till one fails me.....jewell is a good trigger....

fatback

It is an older M70, made in New Haven. Not looking for a hair trigger. Want to to be 3-3.5 lbs. the current trigger is closer to 5 lbs. I have a jewel trigger on the way. I’ll report back after I get it installed. Thanks for the input.

Dusty Roads

I have a Canjor-I have it set super hairy/scary,but it works most incredible (very dangerous setting).
Wish his family or someone would carry on

Last edited:

Dub

It is an older M70, made in New Haven. Not looking for a hair trigger. Want to to be 3-3.5 lbs. the current trigger is closer to 5 lbs. I have a jewel trigger on the way. I’ll report back after I get it installed. Thanks for the input.

How did it work out for you ?

fatback

How did it work out for you ?
Great. It is set at 3 pounds and breaks clean without any creep. Really helped me tighten up my groups. I just bought another M70 in 300 win mag and have another Jewell trigger on the way to be installed before I even take the rifle out to shoot.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Had my smith smooth and polish my Ruger factory trigger. He lowered the pull and it’s smooth as butter.

Less cost, more refreshing. :bounce:

jglenn

Learm how to adjust your older style Win. Trigger..it.is one of the simplest easiest adjustable triggers around. At worst you might need a softer return spring..