Johns mountain wma

zack1a2

Does anyone have any tips of hunting johns mountain? I was going hunt there in a couple weeks and I have no clue where to start.

zack1a2

I have hunted there a couple of times and I have never saw a deer. That's why I figured I would see if someone could at least point me in the right direction

feathersnantlers

I work in Dalton and might leave early on Tues and Wed to hunt the afternoons.

I looked on the topo map and found some spots, flats/tables on the sides of the ridges or saddles and tops of draws. These appear to be far away from roads. Just got to go on Google Earth and verify there's nothing man made there.

Good luck.

AlanShort

Good luck. A while back there was a disease that wiped out most of the herd. Last couple years the results have been awful. Probably the worst wma by far last few years.

zack1a2

Wow that's rough news. I have scouted it pretty hard and walked a whole lot and I have seen little to no sign this year and have no clue what to do differnet

BASS1FUN

I used to kill them over there, but i have not seen a deer in 6 years over there, i might go thanksgiving week

mtstephens18

dont waste your time..... i live 7 miles from the place and i will probably never hunt it again, havent seen a deer in several years