Joining the ranks

Timberman

My brother has been a trad archer for years I was talking to him the other day and mentioned I was gonna get back to bow hunting and was thinking hard about going trad. He said I got u be on the lookout. This thing showed up at my door step. Got some carbons on the way from 3 rivers. Can’t wait!8015BF77-B6AD-4A3F-8EB5-DB7325C2417F.jpegC14BE9F4-A3E6-4036-AB6F-62CBAC53E56B.jpeg

whitetailfreak

I got my first compound when I was 13 (1992) and shot a tab and instinctively for several years and was pretty durn accurate. We've got a pretty good selection at the store and an indoor range. I may set up a Bear Grizzly and let a few fly tomorrow.

Todd Cook

Welcome aboard! It's a much more enjoyable way to hunt. There's a learning curve for sure, but it's sweet when it comes together. For you or anybody else reading this thinking about trying it, I strongly recommend getting involved in the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia. You'll meet some good friends and get some help when you need it. Enjoy!

strothershwacker

Welcome aboard! It's a much more enjoyable way to hunt. There's a learning curve for sure, but it's sweet when it comes together. For you or anybody else reading this thinking about trying it, I strongly recommend getting involved in the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia. You'll meet some good friends and get some help when you need it. Enjoy!
How does one go bout joining the TBG?

Triple C

Be prepared to grow some old deer. I switched from training wheels to trad a few years ago and the deer have thanked me ever since. If I had been a brave sent out for gathering meat the chief would have reassigned me to cooking duties. :bounce:

QuackAddict

I’m right here with you Timberman and have joined the ranks myself. Jeff with Hobo Longbows made me my first traditional bow and it is awesome. I’ve lurked on this forum for years and have always been impressed by you guys on here!

All my friends have been calling me crazy but I’m trying to get a gobbler with mine. I had a close call last week and barely missed one. I have not felt a rush like that in a while and I am committed to see it through til the end of the season!

Good luck!

Bubbaforsure

Been at it for a loonngg time. Made me a better hunter and really appreciate when everything comes together. People say its a handicap...I killed 12 deer and 6 hogs this year most on public land. I disagree. RC

Your right RC....It's a life style and state of mind.
I've enjoy my hunting time ten times more being trad versus any other method. It puts your heart and mind back where it needs to be and lets us really enjoy what the Good Lord has placed around us.

Attachments

• PHOTO ALBUM 018.JPG
    PHOTO ALBUM 018.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 2

Bubbaforsure

I’m right here with you Timberman and have joined the ranks myself. Jeff with Hobo Longbows made me my first traditional bow and it is awesome. I’ve lurked on this forum for years and have always been impressed by you guys on here!

All my friends have been calling me crazy but I’m trying to get a gobbler with mine. I had a close call last week and barely missed one. I have not felt a rush like that in a while and I am committed to see it through til the end of the season!

Good luck!
Welcome aboard....mighty nice bow...better grab a root and growl when ya pull that thing back..

Bubbaforsure

LOL...... gonna be a bunch to hold on to...
Ya know the old saying about pay back ...
Hope all goes well with it..