Joseph/Jesus Parallels

BANDERSNATCH

For most of my 50+ years (we will leave it there lol) I've known that there were 5-6 things about Joseph's life that paralleled Jesus' life. That list has grown to almost 90 as of today! Just wanted to share a few of the really cool ones with you guys! Here ya go....

Both Jesus and Joseph came out of the pit alive and met spice bearers...

Joseph was not recognized by his brothers since he looked Egyptian, had an egyptian name, etc. Jesus is not recognized by His brothers (Jews) because He appears Greek, has a Greek name and is not from Israel

Both Jesus and Joseph suffered with two criminals, of which one got life and one got death...

Both Jesus and Joseph got their kingdoms only after intense suffering....and both were second only to one person :)

Through Jesus and Joseph, favor was brought to gentiles....

BTW, Joseph did not reveal his identity to his brothers until Judah repented.... We will see this again with Jesus in the future when the Jews cry out ...

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yeshua in Hebrew = Joshua in English which = Jesus in Greek.

"Jesus" is the Greek translation of Yeshua

tell sackett

For most of my 50+ years (we will leave it there lol) I've known that there were 5-6 things about Joseph's life that paralleled Jesus' life. That list has grown to almost 90 as of today! Just wanted to share a few of the really cool ones with you guys! Here ya go....

Joseph was not recognized by his brothers since he looked Egyptian, had an egyptian name, etc. Jesus is not recognized by His brothers (Jews) because He appears Greek, has a Greek name and is not from Israel

Both Jesus and Joseph suffered with two criminals, of which one got life and one got death...

Both Jesus and Joseph got their kingdoms only after intense suffering....and both were second only to one person :)

BTW, Joseph did not reveal his identity to his brothers until Judah repented.... We will see this again with Jesus in the future when the Jews cry out ...

Do huh?:huh:

Artfuldodger

I can see the parallels, but are you saying Jesus/Yeshua/Joshua is the same person as Joseph or just equal to Joseph?

BANDERSNATCH

Lol. Sorry.... I can see how that is misleading. No, I’m just saying that, in Joseph’s life, we see many parallels to the 1st coming and second coming of Yeshua. They are not the same person; sorry brothers.

BANDERSNATCH

post#4 in red:huh:

Oh! let me see if I can better explain....

Joseph's brothers did not recognize him because he appeared Egyptian. His name was no longer 'Joseph', but a long Egyptian name. Joseph also spoke egyptian, looked egyptian, wore egyptian clothes and, btw, married a Gentile.

Yeshua (Jesus' Hebrew name) is not recognized by His brothers (Judah and Benjamin) because His name is now Greek, pictures of Him are of a clean shaven white European lol and He - according to most - has done away with Moses Law, the very thing that they are told to avoid in any prophet. Jesus, too, will marry Gentiles when He returns. :)

The only Jews that can be won to the standard Law-abolishing Jesus are those that do not know their bible...

tell sackett

So you are implying that Jews of today won’t accept Jesus as Messiah because his Jewish name (that they know) is translated in Greek in the N.T. and some painters from the Middle Ages portrayed Him as European? You also stated in the op that He was not from Israel?

Okey dokey

Artfuldodger

What do you call those things in the Old Testament that are mirrors or types like the Ark was one for Jesus? Could Joseph be one of those?

BANDERSNATCH

So you are implying that Jews of today won’t accept Jesus as Messiah because his Jewish name (that they know) is translated in Greek in the N.T. and some painters from the Middle Ages portrayed Him as European? You also stated in the op that He was not from Israel?

Okey dokey

Nope, I'm saying that Jews THAT KNOW SCRIPTURE won't accept Jesus since they have been told that He has abolished the Law. They know the Deuteronomy 13 test:

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

God told them that if a prophet comes along that doesn't teach what Moses taught; ignore him. Jews are taught that Jesus did away with the Law, so they reject Him.

BANDERSNATCH

What do you call those things in the Old Testament that are mirrors or types like the Ark was one for Jesus? Could Joseph be one of those?

Yep, 'types' and 'shadows'. Isa 46:10 says that God "reveals the end from the beginning, and from ancient times, things still to come" The OT is full of that stuff. Abraham and Isaac are 'types' of the Father and the Son. Incredible story, especially with Isaac. Isaac - a picture of the future Messiah - was taken up the mountain to be sacrificed and "carried the wood on his back". Also, after Isaac is offered on the mountain, you don't hear from him again until he gets his bride. AWESOME! Jesus, too, has been gone since He was offered on the mountain, and will not be seen again till He comes for His bride! :) BTW, we see in Isaac's wife, Rebecca, the characteristics of the bride of the Messiah. She will be from the Father's family, and will be the one that does MORE THAN IS ASKED OF HER!!! :) A sinner's prayer at the alter does not a bride make! ;)

BANDERSNATCH

The Chosen episode tonight reminded me of another cool parallel....

Judah came up with the idea to sell Joseph as a slave

Judas sold Jesus for the price of a slave (30 pieces of silver Exodus 12) Judas is Greek for “Judah”

Last edited: