JT and Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

Man, you guys are dialed in - ALREADY!

Sweetness!

I will chime in also But I have 10 days to wait!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm up and making coffee and a plan. Will possibly be a quick hunt this morning so we can start getting some stands up.

Will be back in an hour or so.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
And I'm Live!

I'm in a ladder sitting on the inside turn of a huge standing beans field. Same spot we called Bushnell last season but we moved and modified the stand, hopefully for the better.

However like always there's a glitch?. The loggers have pushed a bunch of garbage trees and stumps up around it and from what I would tell in the dark, they also closed up a road bed that was being heavily used. Can't tell for sure until light, but it def looked different in the dark.

I should have a good view, so hopefully use it for observation.

With us being limited on stands and him not sleeping much in last few days, bubba is snoozing right now.

It's 40 with a light SSW wind.

Come on daylight!Screenshot_20181022-062916.jpg

DSGB

Good luck guys! 45° this morning in GA and I'm sitting in the office. Will be following along.....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Couple does with a young buck giving them heck in the beans about 150 yards to my left

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
They got to within about 40 yards. Almost decided if they come another 10 or 15 it might be doe on the grill ?. Oh well, we have too much work to do to be messing with a deer right now.

DSGB

Fried turkey sounds good!

QTurn

I see you sneaking a little OptiFade in there....

Join us...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bucks are progressively getting bigger but further away. Young but solid 8 crossing beans at about 400 yards and altho that's a chip shot, I'm gonna hold off ?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I see you sneaking a little OptiFade in there....

Join us...

It's a nice pair of gloves, but I don't need any clothes right now. I love Sitka quality, but not most of the folks that wear it...you not included of course. Lol I have 2 pair of their gloves and a couple sockhats

QTurn

It's a nice pair of gloves, but I don't need any clothes right now. I love Sitka quality, but not most of the folks that wear it...you not included of course. Lol I have 2 pair of their gloves and a couple sockhats

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Agreed!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Good luck guys... With all the movement ya'll have seen already it's got me worried the 7th thru the 17th maybe to late... :rolleyes:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Steady getting bigger. Young 10 just crossed beans left to right. If he's 3 his rack is just ok, if he's 2 he'll be a superstar. Mouth was open like he had been chasing but no doe around. I tried grunting him closer, but he didn't find anything good about my grunts.

Warming up fast. Today it will be 70 which is warmest day scheduled this week

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck guys... With all the movement ya'll have seen already it's got me worried the 7th thru the 17th maybe to late... :rolleyes:
Nah, you can't go wrong with those dates. My concern is that we get a hot spell early Nov. No way we can have perfect weather for long

Status
Not open for further replies.