JT and Bubba Live From The Tree 2012 II

Luv2Bowhnt

JT/Bubba, I just got back home from hunt in NE. I had a tag that allowed either a Muley or whitetail. Was hunting in Frontier County near Curtis, NE. Outfitter we were with had lease on Platte River that got hit real hard by EHD. Thankfully he also had land up in hills and mule deer were pretty thick. To me there's nothing prettier than a big mature whitetail but the combination of EHD and the fact I'd never taken a mule deer resulted in me focusing on the muleys. I shot a real nice one Monday morning. Will try and post picture later. Going to try and get back up to Bottoms in December and bring my 11yr old killer. Good luck rest of hunt and I've enjoyed keeping up with u guys. Sorry for long post!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba... lone doe...peeing and lookin back.... but nuttin so far

Love 2...congrats on the Muley brother! Post up when you can and good luck when you get back to Illinois.

I have no coffee food or deer:crazy::huh:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba... my colon is just before poping thru my bellybutton

And

doe now running in circles ..no buck yet

Sounds like fun lol

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
JT/Bubba, I just got back home from hunt in NE. I had a tag that allowed either a Muley or whitetail. Was hunting in Frontier County near Curtis, NE. Outfitter we were with had lease on Platte River that got hit real hard by EHD. Thankfully he also had land up in hills and mule deer were pretty thick. To me there's nothing prettier than a big mature whitetail but the combination of EHD and the fact I'd never taken a mule deer resulted in me focusing on the muleys. I shot a real nice one Monday morning. Will try and post picture later. Going to try and get back up to Bottoms in December and bring my 11yr old killer. Good luck rest of hunt and I've enjoyed keeping up with u guys. Sorry for long post!

Man congrats on the Muley!!....while we are also whitetail fanatics....we would have jumped all over a big Muley last week!!.... post up sum pics when u can!

That buck this mornin doesnt know it but his sudden change of heart to chage directions was the smartest decision he ever made he was 3 steps away from filling my kansas tag i guess thats y its called huntin

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sorry it didn't work out fort ya Jake but glad you had the chance in both states at the very end.

We are finally back on stand! And heck we only got one stand hung!! Way too much work.

I am in the lockon that bubba was in this morn called multi draws stand.

Bubba is on a hardwood ridge in the lockon we just hung

Its toasty at 57 and still hanging onto that south wind.

Two and a half hours to go

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Im in multi draws and bubba is on green field ridge

Attachments

• 14-11-12_15-06-02.jpg
    14-11-12_15-06-02.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 2,262

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well tomorrow is my last day here in Ohio. It has been a long week and a tuff hunt. The deer just haven't been moving like we would have hoped for. I finally saw my first deer from the stand this morning. He was a shooter 8, had him at 30 yards and had my pin behind shoulder, but he seemed like he was behind a lot of brush and I didn't want to risk a deflected arrow. So I passed, I moved my stand to a ridge about 150 foot high, there is a nice platue on the upper portion covered in rubs, I am going to just finish my time out here.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
good.luck this evening mattech!.... we know all about tuff hunting...2 hrs to go and.im hoping the bucks keep trying to move a lil.....just a lil

BornToHuntAndFish

Wow, whatta rocking 15-Pt. whopper whitetail Webbslinger. Good luck to you & your hunting crew, Sir, & congrats to your hunting partner. Sounds like things are heating up in your neck of the deer woods in the Great Plains of Kansas.:cool:

Sounds like ya'll & other hunting folks are getting closer to taking down some boneheaded beasts. Best of luck to all in the next few hours of chasing whitetails. Hope us forum folks hear of hunters following crimson trails with a big prize at the end by the close of today's main event.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Slow so far (yeah i know yall have heard that a lot) but still plenty of shooting light.

Sure wish this was my climber so i could take a nap. If i shoot sumn soon ima climb down and get a quick nap lol

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Thanks Bubba. Last year the deer were everywhere, this year has been way different for sure.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba... big fat mature 8... good mass and ht was headed right to me...he turn right off steep hill and skirted by me out of sight... sorta in ur direction....real white...shooter!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba... walked within yd of tree u wanted!

He says that cause we had some difference of opinion on trees to hang in lol

BornToHuntAndFish

Your time to shine, JT, & show Bubba you learned from him delivering up that bow beast earlier before this big trip. Shoot, Jim, shoot; & shoot 'em for us forum folks, then borrow Bubba's knife to field dress it & let him drag it out for you.:bounce: