JT and Bubba's month long Live From The Tree! KS, NE and IL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba... good 8 just got by me@ 30 yds...stayed in thick stuff and is headed up trail we come in on....cant turn him...thick and tall... 3.5 yr old not on cam

Btw yall remember the stand off i had with the skunk in the dark back in 2010?

Coon Dog

That got the blood pumping I bet love following each day have in past years just never post jt is going to stick one I feal it

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Didn't have a shot...heck not even still in a tree but have a cool beast story.

After getting bored with not seeing deer inn such a perfect place i figured id get down and do some scouting in this thicket and snatch this stand down.

So i walk all over this lil place making a big circle to the south towards the property line and pick out a fine tree to possibly catch deer skirting this area and running a small low spot.

Then i get about 100 yards to east and took care of mother nature Sooooo too speak and slip back across this dam towards my stand.
I get within 30 of yards and catch movement directly behind stand where i had just circled.
Its a real real tall 8 heading to the ne. I dropped to ground and layed prone on the dam and watched him slip by.

He never saw me but did walk within a few feet of where i had just taken care of my business and didn't pay it attention lol

I prolly would not have seen him from stand and if so only for a second.

gotta love this stuff

ALLBEEF

JT....You might wanna start selling that stuff::ke:

Didn't have a shot...heck not even still in a tree but have a cool beast story.

After getting bored with not seeing deer inn such a perfect place i figured id get down and do some scouting in this thicket and snatch this stand down.

So i walk all over this lil place making a big circle to the south towards the property line and pick out a fine tree to possibly catch deer skirting this area and running a small low spot.

Then i get about 100 yards to east and took care of mother nature Sooooo too speak and slip back across this dam towards my stand.
I get within 30 of yards and catch movement directly behind stand where i had just circled.
Its a real real tall 8 heading to the ne. I dropped to ground and layed prone on the dam and watched him slip by.

He never saw me but did walk within a few feet of where i had just taken care of my business and didn't pay it attention lol

I prolly would not have seen him from stand and if so only for a second.

gotta love this stuff

shadow2

Well I finally connected in Mo. It been a tough trip with limited buck sitings. He is not the highest scoring buck but he was old and battle scared. Ripped lower lip, limp and torn ear, he had four ribs that had been broken and that healed. Heave, very semtetrucal 8. He is 4.5 at the youngest based off of body configuration and teeth.

jonhayes

JT y'all hang a lot of stands and scout alot any tips on doing this on a new property without spooking deer or messing up travel paterns?

Sundays Money

Ok finaly got a shot at 4 year old but he was chasing about 20" wide 8 point but missed
Did see another dandy this am but was 700 yards
Ray killed a nice 10 this am with a doe and we got to watch
Another fight in the corn field
Back on stand I'm in tight on the creek
Only 3 sits left so hope it happens soon

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Allbeef...already being planned lol

Congrats shadow and good luck Larry!

We got 2 stands hung at lunch and i just finished hanging the one I'm in.

I'm 150 yards to the south of where i was this morning. Stand is not comfy because of limb at my back but was running out of time so I'm hunting.

Bubba is in new stand we just hung as well. He its sitting at the base of a lil rise where several draws come together.

Keep em crossed

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba is at the multi draws and I'm at the far south ditch crossing

Attachments

• 13-11-12_15-52-36.jpg
    13-11-12_15-52-36.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 600

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Jon...get in and get out when hanging them. Cut as little as possible and make as lil noise as possible.

Of course you try not to bump deer but you will. Don't let it bother you. They are not nearly as sensitive to being busted s folks make them out to be. If its their home range they will be back. If its s cruising buck who knows where he will end up cause her don't live there any way

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Lil 6 just popped up out of drain and headed to field above me to left. Sky is on fire to west!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
2012-11-13_17-19-37_568.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Only couple mins left. Didn't hear anything from anyone else . I have to do some stand adjusting. Will update y'all if anything else happens or if i fall on my noggin:bounce:

Time for a lil whiskey and SOA!

I tell ya what It has been a ruff deer season for y'all.. Well atleast since you left Illinois.. Maybe the deer gods will be kind to you soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.