JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 16 years strong! V

Tideup

So my climbing experience this morning...

I scouted this area yesterday and picked out several spots in case someone was in here. No problems. My 1st spot was open.

I come straight to the tree I looked at yesterday and hook up and start climbing.

Bam I'm about 10 feet off the ground and come to a arm sized limb from another tree that I need to move so I can finish climbing...nope! The limb and tree had somehow grown together and wouldn't budge.

Back to the ground.

Go 10 yards down into the drain and start up another tree. It's straight and no limbs.

Now I'm sweating and am about 10 feet off the ground again when it clicks to me that I didn't attach the base to the seat. No problem, right? I slide my safety up high, lean down and attach the pull. Lean back up...

And immediately my platform drops! :hair: This is the 2nd time in my hunting life that the bottom platform has fallen out. At least I had literally just attached it!

I finagle the platform back in place and get back to climbing.

Get just about to height and the danged platform is almost pointing at the ground because the base of the tree is so big and it got skinny fast ?.

At this point I tied everything off and pulled my bow up and said screw it. I'll keep pressure on the base and I'm hunting.

Course I'm way too low and will be at eye level since I had to come down into the drain too far. That and I'm still soaked from the multiple tree acrobats.

But I'm hunting.

Carry on
:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Worley

JT ???sorry bud….all the opening lines needed for an epic ending to the story.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT ???sorry bud….all the opening lines needed for an epic ending to the story.

Yeah it was entertaining for sure. If it wouldn't have been dark I would have taken a pic of the platform hanging like I did 15 years ago when one dropped on me :bounce:

AJLBucks

So my climbing experience this morning...

I scouted this area yesterday and picked out several spots in case someone was in here. No problems. My 1st spot was open.

I come straight to the tree I looked at yesterday and hook up and start climbing.

Bam I'm about 10 feet off the ground and come to a arm sized limb from another tree that I need to move so I can finish climbing...nope! The limb and tree had somehow grown together and wouldn't budge.

Back to the ground.

Go 10 yards down into the drain and start up another tree. It's straight and no limbs.

Now I'm sweating and am about 10 feet off the ground again when it clicks to me that I didn't attach the base to the seat. No problem, right? I slide my safety up high, lean down and attach the pull. Lean back up...

And immediately my platform drops! :hair: This is the 2nd time in my hunting life that the bottom platform has fallen out. At least I had literally just attached it!

I finagle the platform back in place and get back to climbing.

Get just about to height and the danged platform is almost pointing at the ground because the base of the tree is so big and it got skinny fast ?.

At this point I tied everything off and pulled my bow up and said screw it. I'll keep pressure on the base and I'm hunting.

Course I'm way too low and will be at eye level since I had to come down into the drain too far. That and I'm still soaked from the multiple tree acrobats.

But I'm hunting.

Carry on
It doesn’t matter how many years you hunt, some days we are amateurs?. The first few times each season I sound like a bull in a China shop trying to get up a tree and settled.

jimbar

JT do you try rattling or using a grunt call this time of year?

longbowdave1

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Once had a confused deer hunter argue that i was in his stand while i was hunting out of my homemade climber. He circled back 3 times before he believed me and finally moved on.

Havana Dude

JT, your climbing experience this morning is reminiscent of the majority of my climbs back when I climbed. I had to stop due to back issues, but when things worked out right, I really enjoyed it. Fresh smoked link and patty this morning with a couple eggs and smoked bacon. Miscommunication with bride about having grits in the camper led to a grit free breakfast. ??

OlE jt you just having one them years fella . It sure does make for good commentary but on the hunting side alittle flustering.. atleast the views are great as