JT, Bubba and friends Live From The Tree 2019. A year of highs and lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
And we're Live!

I just rolled into Callaway Co MO in a cloud of dust, unpacked and hauled booty to a tree for the 1stbsit of the year.

I'm in a stand called Spartan. It's a ladder in the edge of an oak flat with thick select cut bedding in front of me and standing corn everywhere else. I have a brand new giant rub 30 yards to my right and the treeline along the corn is littered with scrapes.

It's 59 with a 19 gusting to 31mph SW Gale blowing almost directly in my face.

We will be hit and miss for a couple days until we get things in order. Then we will try and talk about the ups and downs this year has seen.

Bubba will be here tomorrow...hopefully I kill out now and go get a sip of whiskey ???

Y'all are always welcome and encouraged to post up. Have fun with it cause it's gonna be good!

IMG_20191021_57304.jpgIMG_20191021_28197.jpgIMG_20191021_34405.jpgIMG_20191021_46298.jpgIMG_20191021_39937.jpg

AJLBucks

Good luck JT, Bubba and whoever else joins y’all this year. First to post on this years ”big one”. Maybe some of your good fortunes will rub off on me

stringmusic

Been waiting on this! Good luck Jim and bubba, will be following along all year.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Been such a hectic cluster of a year that today is the 1st day I've been on this property all year. No idea how it's gonna play out, but we know we have a massive population and if only a 1\4 of the bucks we've passed in past few years are still around we will be good.

Chris, Cason and Jeff will all be here again and hopefully they kill a few like C&C did last year.

Bubba came by a couple weeks ago for the 1st time this year and hung a cam on a scrape about 100 yards from me. I haven't seen a deer yet, but maybe cause I've had my nose in my phone looking thru Screenshot_20191021-152421_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-152256_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-152133_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-151920_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-153221_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-152709_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-152643_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-152602_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-151707_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-153040_Gallery.jpg1200 pics ?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Heck yeah, brother! Best of luck to all of you.
:cheers:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good to see everyone back in here and along for the ride. Don't matter to me if you are hunting in Montana or South Florida or anywhere in between...just post up and have a blast.

Also, I sorta lied earlier about not seeing a deer yet. There's a dead fawn laying at the base of my ladder ?. Just glad I have a good breeze

IMG_20191021_2467.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
About 2 hours before dark. Had to break out my sockhat...these 30 mph gusts have a little bite to em.

.with as many bucks as we're on the cam getting frisky with each other and the huge number of scrapes and rubs, I'm gonna rattle a little to see if I can pull one out of bedding or out of the corn.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
1st deer...lone doe just came running down treeline above me and to the left. Went into edge of corn and now I've lost her

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Momma and her baby came out of my woods, past me and to the left into the corn.

Woods are coming alive and I'm hearing all kinds of good stuff as this wind lays down

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
More does coming from hardwoods in front of me and out into corn. Lone deer slipped up on me on my right and caught me moving. Saw it run but couldn't tell what.

Maybe 40 mins left

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
More deer in woods with me, but I can't make them out. Could cover is making it get dark quick

Horns

About 2 hours before dark. Had to break out my sockhat...these 30 mph gusts have a little bite to em.

.with as many bucks as we're on the cam getting frisky with each other and the huge number of scrapes and rubs, I'm gonna rattle a little to see if I can pull one out of bedding or out of the corn.
You getting that thin blood? JK

Status
Not open for further replies.