JT, Bubba and friends Live From The Tree 2019. A year of highs and lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I got a dog coming tomorrow that's suppose to be top notch ... we'll see ... nothing I've seen from arrow to blood tells me that buck is alive ... kills me to not find that next speck to stay on trail ... I can't tell u how many we've found .. I take it as a personal challenge but when I got ahold of him we backed out and my daughter and son in law are in a tree ... job called so I have a few things to knockout so I can enjoy the rest of the wk .. when ur always at work it's easier for me to just do then try to explain for the few days I'm not there ... my sons significant got a nice 8 for buck number 1 in the Midwest ... she was my duck hunting buddy until we got her bowhunting last yr and now I really think bowhunting is number 1 followed by shooting ducks with my son and I ... if we could have found my sons beast what a pic they would have had ... not the hardest thing in life but darn close ... I'll let u no if they kill something tonight and what happens tomorrow ... I really should be hanging bc the View attachment 989287farm has been on fire
Yesss! Congrats on a fine fine buck

Tideup

Thx Tideup ... she had a bigger one run by her earlier that had her excited and thought it was him coming back .. glad she got 1 ... now if my son in law can get 1 we'll prolly have to put up more stands bc they'll be 5 going every yr instead of 3 to 4 ... I'm good with it ... pretty lucky dad when both my kids use a lot of there vacation to hang from a tree with me
Absolutely Flats

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Ofer for me tonight. I guess the little warm snap shut em down. Oh well- off to light the grill and and enjoy a cold beverage or two. Back at it in the am

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sounds like a tough evening. The good thing is it's still November tomorrow morning!

Gonna sip on a lil whiskey and maybe catch a little of the game...prolly just go to bed ?.

See y'all in the AM

Jim Boyd

Shake it off and be back in the AM. Nite old fella

In the immortal words: I have just begun to fight.

I got them jokers right where I want them.... they are in the woods and I am in the trees.

Equal ground (sort of).

Sleep tite all!!!!

Last edited:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Congrats Bubbabuck on a heckuva rocking mighty fine Missouri beast!:rockon: Just like we like 'em, tall & wide. What a sweet sound of success. Reckon that big left G2 looks as long as a main beam. Need you to come rattle me in a bodacious whitetail into bow range.

Thanks to JT for posting awesome photos & other good stuff to add to all the thrills.

Congrats to all with whitetail successes!

Time for some well deserved celebrating.

Appreciate all the hunting views & updates.

:yeah:
Thanks Bornto... good to see ya back brother!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
I got a dog coming tomorrow that's suppose to be top notch ... we'll see ... nothing I've seen from arrow to blood tells me that buck is alive ... kills me to not find that next speck to stay on trail ... I can't tell u how many we've found .. I take it as a personal challenge but when I got ahold of him we backed out and my daughter and son in law are in a tree ... job called so I have a few things to knockout so I can enjoy the rest of the wk .. when ur always at work it's easier for me to just do then try to explain for the few days I'm not there ... my sons significant got a nice 8 for buck number 1 in the Midwest ... she was my duck hunting buddy until we got her bowhunting last yr and now I really think bowhunting is number 1 followed by shooting ducks with my son and I ... if we could have found my sons beast what a pic they would have had ... not the hardest thing in life but darn close ... I'll let u no if they kill something tonight and what happens tomorrow ... I really should be hanging bc the View attachment 989287farm has been on fire
Great buck, tell her congrats flats!

ASEHUNTER

At a boy Jim stay after them all day. We’ll be up on the 8th ready to get after-em.
Saw a shooter just before 1 pm and 115-120 8 just before dark.

The shooter is the first one I have seen that really appeared to be on mission.

Long day.....

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Beautiful buck! Tell her congratulations for me! Good luck with the dog tomorrow. I'm starting to think I need to bring my beagle to Illinois with us when we're hunting. United Bloodtrackers on Facebook has a list of trackers by state I think. It's a great network and they helped find my buck last year.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We moved 2 stands yesterday mid day. It's one of the best looking spots I've ever hunted. I'm hoping to see plenty of deer this morning. Here are the views from the stand. It's in a bottom on a road bed that goes across an old concrete bridge. The road hasn't been used in over 50 years but I bet the deer still use it. Sitting between food plot to the west, creek and thick bedding area to the north, hardwood ridge to the south with cut bean field, and hardwood ridge and cut corn to the east.IMG_20191105_42387.jpgIMG_20191105_52241.jpgIMG_20191105_35326.jpgIMG_20191105_52889.jpgIMG_20191105_33820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.