JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 III

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Rolling hard into part 3!

This year has been wide open with long time followers and brand new folks. Any and all are welcome appreciated. Someat deer have been killed and some even greater times have been had all over the country this season.

We are in Iowa on day 2 making a plan. Will be in a tree in a couple hours.

Mike 65

How did y’all manage to get drawn for Iowa 2 years in a row?
You may have elready answered this but I missed it.
Hope y’all kill e beast today.

2-shot

Getting ready to leave the motel, we’re back in ky for rifle season . Good luck Jt and Gary and everyone else hanging in there

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
How did y’all manage to get drawn for Iowa 2 years in a row?
You may have elready answered this but I missed it.
Hope y’all kill e beast today.

Thx Mike. We haven't been here for a few years, 2015 was last time.

Havana Dude

Good luck to all. I finally got in a stand with the x bow yesterday evening. Felt good to beback except for the skeeters. Saw one deer, right at dark, in the thick stuff behind me. Florida River swamp, so no real beasts to be had.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm back on stand! Day 23 is happening right now...

I'm in a lockon in another crazy trunked tree on a treeline with a nasty thick swamp on one side and a nasty thick CRP on the other.

It's 25 with wind gusting hard in the 20s and hitting me in the back... Thank goodness it's hitting me in the back ?.

30 mind before shooting light. I may climb back down and take a nap curled up in a fetal position ?.

Good luck people. Be back at 1st light.

Screenshot_20181112-053946.jpg

bulletjig

100% rain all day so I’m in a box stand at the house. Haven’t hunted it in about 5 years or so. Cleaned it out yesterday because they are calling for 100% the next 3 days. It’s about 12 feet high overlooking a creek bottom. Stay safe and good luck!

2-shot

At the last minute I decided to hunt a tripod in a field between 2 thickets. Where we parked may hinder some of my normal movements

ppkbbq

I'm back on stand! Day 23 is happening right now...

I'm in a lockon in another crazy trunked tree on a treeline with a nasty thick swamp on one side and a nasty thick CRP on the other.

It's 25 with wind gusting hard in the 20s and hitting me in the back... Thank goodness it's hitting me in the back ?.

30 mind before shooting light. I may climb back down and take a nap curled up in a fetal position ?.

Good luck people. Be back at 1st light.

View attachment 949125
Good luck to you and Bubba today.