Jumped a covey!

Powerline

Was driving with my wife to put a new chair in the shooting house. We flushed about 20 birds! I just about drove into a pine tree I was so excited! I have been working hard trying to put quality habitat on the ground. Best pic of could get. 6A5EE8A2-0AF1-4A1B-B26B-B32A82D332F7.jpeg6A5EE8A2-0AF1-4A1B-B26B-B32A82D332F7.jpeg

killerv

Funny story, I put a buddy in a deer stand one morning and after the hunt he said he hadnt seen so many chipmunks in his life. I went back that afternoon and it was a covey of about 20 in the food plot. Saw them several times that season. I told him to get his eyes checked.

Had a big covey pass by me while deer hunting last fall. First quail I’ve ever see wild in north Ga.
then this spring, flushed them again and this time there were a mix of big ones and small ones. I’ve also been working on habitat improvements on this property as well as trapping out coons and possums for a few years.
I have hope they will continue to make a comeback.

spring

Congratulations on seeing the results from your habitat work! No doubt you'll see more in the years to come.
The late hatches appears to have been pretty good, which is very encouraging for everyone. I try to keep my dogs off of them as we ride around most afternoons but sometimes they just lock it down. Here's one I videoed last week that was back by my fire pit. Always a thrill!

Been seeing a few near our lease in Hancock County. I assume someone released a bunch. I like seeing them neat little birds.

Bigearl68

Had a big covey pass by me while deer hunting last fall. First quail I’ve ever see wild in north Ga.
then this spring, flushed them again and this time there were a mix of big ones and small ones. I’ve also been working on habitat improvements on this property as well as trapping out coons and possums for a few years.
I have hope they will continue to make a comeback.
I’ve been wondering how many quail/turkey nests are destroyed by raiders like coons. No one runs trap lines anymore and few ppl hunt them. With their populations here in America spring to over 300 million one has to think the bandits are taking over!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great to see , always makes my day to see a covey .