Just a house cat.... Gonna miss Lucy

Buford_Dawg

Been a tough day for my household. Had to put our 15+ year old pet cat down. Learned 4 weeks ago, she had lung cancer and we been doing our best to keep her going and out of pain. Finally caught up to her this AM and was time. We couldnt be selfish any longer. Best dang pet our family has ever had. We've had all kinds of dogs and we still have a couple cats, but this girl was really special to us. Just appeared one day in our backyard while my 2 young sons (at the time) were playing on trampoline. She was sickly and malnourished and needed help. We adopted her that afternoon and quickly got her health back and she has been a big part of our life for last 15 years. Been my wife and I bed buddy for last 5 years since the boys grew up and moved to Athens. I know alot of people don't think much of cats, but she will be sorely missed in our lifes. Hate losing a pet, absolutely stinks.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Had Turbo pass a few years ago, mechanics found him on an engine block of a Cadillac, not even weened.

Cat should've been a dog, smart as could be.

Sorry for your loss

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Sorry for your loss, bud. Been through this twice in the last few years. And it does hurt, for sure. I consider myself a tough dude, but when I lost the cat in my avatar, that tore me up pretty dang good. It still hurts too. She was always by my side when I was home. No matter what I was doing outside, she’d be right there with me, tagging along. Unless I had the leaf blower. She didn’t care much for that thing. :bounce: I miss the heck out of that cat!

Again, sorry for your loss, brother.

bullgator

I feel bad for your loss. Cats definitely connect with us differently than dogs. The only cat I’ve ever had as a pet is about 19 now and sitting in the chair with my wife as she reads. He came up one rainy night in 2007 about 6 months after we lost our 18+ retriever mix. Goldey cat also acts like a dog at times. I’ve been giving him IV fluids every week for about 4-5 years now and he just sits there as I poke that needle in him as if he knows he’ll feel better afterwards.

Dr. Strangelove

Sorry for your loss. Nothing better than a good cat buddy, dogs are OK but you have to earn a cat's trust and love.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Sad news and I am sorry to hear it. I am an animal person but not particularly a cat person but I have one now. Her name is "barn cat". She strayed up to the barn several years ago and I started leaving out water and taking her a little food every morning. She cleaned the rat and mouse problem up there.

It was months before I was able to touch her and many more months before she would let me pick her up. For the first year when I walked out to the barn I would let her know i was coming by whistling "Pop goes the Weasel". She learned to come to it and now will come up like a dog when I whistle. She has graduated to the garage now with a heating mat under her cat house in the winter but is still a good mouser.

Cats are different for sure but they can become special. I am sorry for your loss.

Redbow

Sorry for your loss. I was raised up with Cats on a farm and I still like them. We haven't had a Cat in a very long time now after our last one died.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sorry for your loss. I was raised up with Cats on a farm and I still like them. We haven't had a Cat in a very long time now after our last one died.
Crazy my lab and attack dog hangs with them

Doboy Dawg

We had a Orange Tabby that my uncle raised from a kitten on his farm. That cat lived 14 years. He was a special cat, a bird, mouse, rat or squirrel didn’t have a chance around him.

I saw him jump on a Dobermans back and ride him down the street while whipping his butt at the same time, one of the funniest things I’ve seen. A friend of mine was standing in the yard and he witnessed the whole thing. He said, I think that Doberman is going to attack your cat. About the time I said that’d be a mistake, the laughter ensued.

Having one that long that totally bonds with the family is like losing a family member.