Just got back from Montana

baddave

nice pic and beautiful country .. looks like a blast! i'd so love to go out there pronghorn hunting

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! I've got to get out there sometime.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Excellent! I've been saying for years, the Madison is my favorite river to fish.

Timberman

Nice! To quote my kids Montana in the summer is lit!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I don't have a digital copy anymore, so I snapped a pic of this photo I keep in my office. I can't think of a fish I've ever worked harder to catch than this brown I caught about 300 yards above Lyon's bridge on the Madison.

There was a large boulder in the middle of the river that created a tempting eddy downstream. The water was swift and high and very treacherous to wade if you got much over thigh deep. In order to get to the boulder, I sought out the shallowest path I could find, but still got up over my waist. It was very tricky wading and I knew if I lost my footing, I was going for a swim and a long float. I finally got into position downstream from the boulder and the water became shallower. I had a large orange stimulator tied on and I cast to the eddy and watched a perfect drift go untouched. And I repeated it, again and again. I couldn't believe no fish were hiding in the eddy. I began to high-stick the fly line and let the fly circle lazily in the eddy, around and around several times, then BAM. This golden boy came up and ate it.

Man, I was younger then...

48586983946_be379caea2_b.jpg

Cmp1

BANNED
I don't have a digital copy anymore, so I snapped a pic of this photo I keep in my office. I can't think of a fish I've ever worked harder to catch than this brown I caught about 300 yards above Lyon's bridge on the Madison.

There was a large boulder in the middle of the river that created a tempting eddy downstream. The water was swift and high and very treacherous to wade if you got much over thigh deep. In order to get to the boulder, I sought out the shallowest path I could find, but still got up over my waist. It was very tricky wading and I knew if I lost my footing, I was going for a swim and a long float. I finally got into position downstream from the boulder and the water became shallower. I had a large orange stimulator tied on and I cast to the eddy and watched a perfect drift go untouched. And I repeated it, again and again. I couldn't believe no fish were hiding in the eddy. I began to high-stick the fly line and let the fly circle lazily in the eddy, around and around several times, then BAM. This golden boy came up and ate it.

Man, I was younger then...

48586983946_be379caea2_b.jpg
Nice,,,,prolly couldn't fly fish with my back,,,,but would sure like to learn,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice,,,,prolly couldn't fly fish with my back,,,,but would sure like to learn,,,,
If you can spin fish, you can fly fish.

You guys should come up and fish the Au Sable,Manistee,or Muskegon,,,,
If I wasn't poor and had to go to work every day, I would.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am a member of the Montana fan club no matter the reason being there. Thanks for taking us along