Just how special are you?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
You are THE gift that God chose to give to himself and to others. That’s how special YOU are to God. He sacrificed his own son’s life in order to keep you for himself.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

That's truth to behold and enjoy.
Guess I'm a lover of the simple things, and that's ok in Abba. Matt 11:29-30

Artfuldodger

I’m reminded of a Radiohead song that, unfortunately, contains a naughty word.
I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. I'm filthy rags. I don't deserve you.

I think what the OP means is that as a whole we are special but individually perhaps we are all creeps.

Oh, and i didn't discover Radiohead until like 2015, lol. Much better than Coldplay.

Madman

I am so special, so loved, the creator of the universe gave his life that I might be redeemed.

“that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”
2 Corinthians5:19

Madman

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. I'm filthy rags. I don't deserve you.

I think what the OP means is that as a whole we are special but individually perhaps we are all creeps.

Oh, and i didn't discover Radiohead until like 2015, lol. Much better than Coldplay.
Art, I don’t think you believe that.

Mankind is the crown jewel of creation, created in God’s image, created for Him, by Him.

My thoughts, my actions, may sometimes be creepy and filthy, but we are redeemed, we have the ability to clean that up and move on, until one day the bride will be presented to the groom spotless.

gemcgrew

Augustus Toplady wrote in his diary on December 31, 1767

"Upon a review of the past year, I desire to confess, that my unfruitfulness has been exceedingly great; my sins still greater; and God's mercies greater than both."

Artfuldodger

We, born after Adam into a sinful and fallen state, are unworthy pf God's love. But if we are in Christ, accepting His sacrifice on our behalf, then He has made us worthy.

Artfuldodger

Art, I don’t think you believe that.

Mankind is the crown jewel of creation, created in God’s image, created for Him, by Him.

My thoughts, my actions, may sometimes be creepy and filthy, but we are redeemed, we have the ability to clean that up and move on, until one day the bride will be presented to the groom spotless.
Yeah after thinking about the context of "filthy rags," I do feel worthy. With the power of the Holy Spirit, we can do better and with Jesus we are now washed regarding "and such were some of you" as Paul explained but are now sanctified.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
We, born after Adam into a sinful and fallen state, are unworthy pf God's love. But if we are in Christ, accepting His sacrifice on our behalf, then He has made us worthy.

“Unworthy” is a dangerous word unless context is clearly define. We are born worthy, and indeed given God’s eternal love. In Christ we are deemed worthy of His forgiveness.

StriperAddict

And matchless grace comes along from the hand of Father to emphasize these very things. How cool is that?

Attachments

• Redemption.jpg
    Redemption.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 3

gordon 2

Israel. So where do yo get "eternal waters" from? I'm not trying to pry a fly a from your gruel. I really what to know simply because I've been trying to research where water is said the symbol for spirit in spiritual parlance, and have not found so much as a stick to tie my boat to.

???

gemcgrew

Yeah after thinking about the context of "filthy rags," I do feel worthy. With the power of the Holy Spirit, we can do better and with Jesus we are now washed regarding "and such were some of you" as Paul explained but are now sanctified.
"Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself.

After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded."

Scripture does not tell us where that dirty towel went.

Or it does.

gordon 2

I'll glady amend to living waters...

the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life.

Thank you bros. Your gladness is my blessing. Much appreciated. This is exactly what I was looking for. It possibly is the wharf to my boat. Thanks

( This is a lesson for me, that when spiritual symbols are nebulous, for example water as a symbol for Spirit, check with brother Johnny.)

Last edited: