Kamado joe smoked turkey

After seeing oh her folks mention and post smoking turkeys I dove in and got one to smoke. It was a last minute thing so I had to unthaw the bird in warm water I added some salt for good measure. I mix me up a injection marinade I came up with. I added 1/2 cup of fosters beer 1/2 cup of butter 1 teaspoon onion and garlic powder. 2 tablespoon of woreshire sauce 2 tablespoon of soy sauce and 2 tablespoon tony creole seasoning. I heated it until meted and kept warm. I got a drip pan poured the rest of the beer in it and added apple juice. I also poured the beer in the Kamado joe beer can chicken stand. I rubbed the bird down with olive oil and coated with plow boys fun n feather . I added Apple wood for smoke and set the smoker at 350. I waited till the internal was 170 and pulled it . Holy cow ! that is the best turkey I have ever ate ! Juices running out all over skin was crunchy and has amazing flavor ! Just wow !

Water Swat

Was planning on doing one this week as well. How big was your bird and at 350, what was the approximate cooking time? Just trying to get a somewhat close time frame to plan on when to start one to be finished pretty close to on time.

It didn't even take 2 hours and it was done ! The bird weighed almost 12 pounds . I put it on at 3:45 to 4 and took it off right before 6

Old Winchesters

looks great... I love em that way

Thank y'all ! I have been Leary of trying one and it just kinda hit me seeing yalls in here so I was like what the CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored might as well kinda rushed but turned out great !!

Kevinmw76

Man that's a good looking Bird!! I've got one drying out in the fridge that I'm gonna throw on tomorrow just because! Lol.

Duff

Great looking bird!!