Kidney Stones

DannyW

As others have said, don't let the pain easing off fool you...the stone is just resting...it will return in full force.

Worst case I ever had was on a horseback bowhunting trip for elk in 1998. We were 5-6 miles off the road in the San Juan mountains between Durango and Silverton Colorado. My guide had to leave for a personal emergency one day and left me in the care of the wrangler/cook. I took off on foot and hunted the area around camp...by myself.

Mid-morning I discovered the cap had come off my water bottle and emptied into my day pack. No worries...I was having a blast chasing the deer and elk. Maybe the most fun I have ever had on a single day hunt. Little did I know what was coming up.

Got back to camp, rehydrated, and had dinner. Meanwhile the wrangler was getting drunk as a skunk. I went to bed early but woke up a couple hours later with an excruiating pain I knew all too well. I couldn't rouse the wrangler, he was passed out drunk, but managed to get the keys to his truck parked at the trailhead.

I then proceeded to walk out to the trailhead. I was stumbling, half crawling down the trail cutting off every switchback. About 3 hours later I staggered to the truck and drove into Silverton at 3:00 am. There were no medical facilities or doctors there, just a paramedic at the fire station, but the pain had finally eased off.

Next morning I drove to Durango to get proper medical attention (read: pain pills). I spent a restless day in Durango with the pain coming and going. I managed to get a flight the next morning back to Atlanta and saw my urologist. He immediately did a lithotripsy to remove the stone...by that time it had been 3 days of blockage and he was afraid of infection.

Fun times..

bany

I forgot to say! Chanca Piedra!!

its an herb extract liquid. I think it may work pretty good. I ordered some more last night. Pretty sure it’s been a game changer, they call it a stone crusher. I believe I’ve been passing some stones without a lot of the severe pain. Haven’t had mri conformation but the last couple years Ive used it. I take it when the symptoms start and it all kinda goes away without getting run over by a tractor pulling a disc! Atleast I think that’s the case. My ureters have been stretched a few times!!
pretty sure I have an eruption starting now, maybe I’ll report back.

I see you haven’t reported back yet, hope you’re doing well!

HughW2

Hey Folks,
I did go to urologist who set me up for CT scan. Afterward, urologist told me that I have no kidney stones or obstructions but that I do have a fracture of L1 in my spinal cord. I have appt with orthopedic md. The saga continues. Thanks so much for everyone’s input. Pain is still pretty bad at times, but I hope to get it resolved here soon. After hearing some of y’all’s experiences I am **** glad to know I don’t have kidney stones; can’t even imagine being a frequent stone producer. I hope you all have a healthy 2020; especially deer season.

Last edited:

bany

Good news bad news. Good luck healing that up!

Stroker

Good news bad news. Good luck healing that up!

I'd much rather have to deal with the stones than a bad back.