Kids and Teenagers (under 21) shouldn't have access ...

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Unknowable. I do agree that there are a few outlying individuals who will excel regardless of the path they chose or what happens to them. They're not the norm.

It's very interesting to me how many times I've read on this Forum (and others) the lambasting of school systems for spreading propaganda and yet the single largest propaganda engine on earth is dismissed as benign saying "well, folks are gonna do what they're gonna do" or "meh, I you can't stop them so why try." Very interesting indeed.

You have to look for the propaganda though. It doesn’t just leap off the home page into their laps. It’s already in their head.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
You're also totally and completely wrong.

You think the internet leads to understanding of "reality?"

The internet and most anything you can read/watch/experience from it, are distortions (at best) of reality. One should be allowed unfettered online access once this is understood.

It’s very common knowledge that sheltered kids tend to go off the deep end once they get off the leash.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
/\ And after that some of them become strict T totalers.... who then sit on the front pew at church.

100% brother. My room mate in college had strict, overbearing parents. He literally had no life in high school. A ridiculous curfew, etc. In college, he went nuts. Drugs, alcohol, arrests. Still graduated though. Now a preacher.

ugajay

Some of the worst sinners go to church every Sunday, and really get off trying to tell other folks how to live.

I hate holier than thou people with a passion.
Me too brother. I'd say it was probably 2002. I was way underage and shouldn't have been drinking at an Allman brothers concert. I'm in the bathroom and I walk up next to a deacon in the church I went to. He could barely walk. All he said to me was , "I won't say nothing about this if you won't."

KevChap

Banned
Some of the worst sinners go to church every Sunday, and really get off trying to tell other folks how to live.

I hate holier than thou people with a passion.
That's why I don't go to church.. I grew up there every week. Now that I'm older and know all these adults and what they do Monday through Saturday I can't make myself go. I've figured out they only go because they want people to see them there.

SC Hunter

The original poster seems to be lumping everyone under 21 into the same category which is ridiculous. Some kids don't have common sense, some don't have any book sense, some have both, some are smooth brained and can't hardly remember to breath. I hate to say that but its very true and I see it every day. The internet does not make a person gay or straight. The internet does not make someone a pedophile.

Children on the internet using it for whatever their parents deem appropriate does not make that child a bad kid or the parents bad parents. The way a kid is raised is what molds that kid. Children thrive off of structure but will crumble and resent their parents if they ride them day in and day out. It is a precious balance of structured love.

I see some kids that are 13-15 that are more mature and responsible than alot of 30 year olds that I see. Putting a particular number on something like the internet and saying that it leads to homosexuality is simply asinine.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I can’t believe I missed this gem