kids get beautiful Thanksgiving 8pt and make short video

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Very cool!! You can tell those boys have been around hunting for a while!! Congratulations!!

DSGB

Them boys getting it done!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I was busy most of yesterday and also earlier today. I did go deer hunting part of both days and I did get to see several deer as well. I came home after lunchtime today and just got logged on. I am amazed to see this fantastic video on "How two young fellows "GOT THE JOB DONE" perfectly. THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME as both of you young guys have a wealth of talent in deer hunting but in also knowing how to operate a camera as well.

I think that this video could also help a lot of other young aspiring deer hunters as a good learning tool as well.

Great accomplishment and Congratulations to both of you and to your parents for raising you right and also introducing both of you to the "Wide World Of Deer Hunting...Georgia style! :cheers:

buckpasser

Wow! Two old pros just getting it done.

JM Country

My cousin and his boy came down from Maine for Thanksgiving and we hit the woods in search of bucks and pigs! My son and his cousin are the same age and even though they only get to see each other once a year they are best friends and just alike, they are so awesome!!
They were hunting a pig bait and this fine 8pt came looking if there were does eating at the feeder. My son made a little video with his go pro!

My cousin was able to get a healthy hog the night before! We quartered that up and vacume packed it for him to bring home. We cut off and put some scrap meat from the neck in the frying pan with 2 strips of peppered bacon, we fried that up right there over the burner and it was so delicious my cousin was blown away! We also grilled some keilbasa we had already had made from a previous hog my son shot. And they were shocked at how good our feral pigs are and are very excited to bring theirs back to Maine and cook and share that!

View attachment 1119403

View attachment 1119404

I hope y'all had a Great Thanksgivin!!!
Good luck in the woods and have fun!!
great video. Awesome to see the youngsters getting it done!!! Congrats to them!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I forgot to ask , did he hit buck both shots
Nope! Just 1 hit! I think the kids got lucky and got the ol 76 hundred ready for action again just in time!!
They're on their way back to Maine now. They'll check scope and rifle for zero when they get home. My nephew said he was aiming for middle shoulder both times. 1st round didn't hit, 2nd round hit middle of neck.
Could be scope off from travel???, or could be excited shaky shooting???. Hard to say but they'll check at home.

sea trout

Thanks for all the awesome positive comments!
We're gonna go back this weekend and he's gonna try to make another video of hog hunt!!!

uturn

A life time of memories there!

Congratulations to you all it doesn’t get a whole lot better than that!

Love the video too!

ASH556

Great story and great video, congrats to the young hunters!

I hate to say it, but I did cringe when the cousin swung the rifle's muzzle right at your boy. Not to be discouraging, but maybe a refresher conversation about muzzle awareness and firearm safety. I know how kids are, especially when they're excited. I've got 3 of my own, but all it takes is one mistake.

Overall though, great to see them out and making memories in the outdoors!

jaybirdius

I've gotten old and ornery, but I smiled through that whole video. Great to see kids with some sense and intelligence enjoying the outdoors. Definitely some awesome parenting in your family.

Duff

That’s about good as it gets right there!!! Awesome!

sea trout

Great story and great video, congrats to the young hunters!

I hate to say it, but I did cringe when the cousin swung the rifle's muzzle right at your boy. Not to be discouraging, but maybe a refresher conversation about muzzle awareness and firearm safety. I know how kids are, especially when they're excited. I've got 3 of my own, but all it takes is one mistake.

Overall though, great to see them out and making memories in the outdoors!

Yes sir the first time we all watched playback together us parents noticed that right off the bat and as happy as everything was the kids did get some gettin on to about that!!
And don't never "hate to say it" we should all preach muzzle safety! It's the only way to teach and avoid accidents!!

Mackie889

What a great job boys ... well done! I enjoyed every minute of it and loved the commentary from the “seasoned” young man behind the camera! My favorite line was that his buddy had “stretch-smoked” a nice buck! Very cool and well done! Thanks OP for posting the video!