Knifemaking

Buck111

I've been making knives for about four years now. I forge the blades from leaf spring, auto coil spring or old plow shares. I believe in making stuff that will outlive us.
OQKQY-P2030024.JPG
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1592469

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Very Nice. Works of art.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They sure are, and I really like the look of the steel in those blades. Looks like high quality carbon steel. Is that a water buffalo horn insert in the handle on the top knife?

7Mag Hunter

Knife making

WOW....Those look great.....
You have no doubt put much thought, and effort in your
knives, and it shows !!!!
Congrats on your efforts..

Wish I had the talent, tools, and time to try to produce
such fine pieces !!!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!

7mag hunter ....

Buck111

Thanks for the kind responses. Nicodemus, no buffler on that one. It's just leather and antler.

Torupduck

Banned
Those are very neat looking knives. It is very rewarding to utilize something like that that you made yourself.

boneboy96

have you ever made any knives out of old circular saw blades? Or old files? I've been thinkinhg of trying some to see what I can come up with.

Buck111

Boneboy96, I've made a couple out of old files but they've wanted to warp during heat treating. If you get the heat treat right on the old Black Diamond files, those make tough blades. Some of the newer imported files aren't worth wasting your time on. I've never made one from old circular saw blades but a lot of guys do, with excellent results. The best all around free steel is old auto leaf spring. I've never had a problem with any blades I've made with OLS.

Handgunner

Nice looking knives, I love the bottom one!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
They look great to me!

Buck111

Knife with sheath. A fellow at work bought this one and ordered a smaller version of it for his son.
CNJQF-P2130037.JPG