Knight rifles

SWAMPFOX

Can someone explain to me why Knight rifles offers a .52 caliber muzzle loader? I had sent them a query asking when the Disc Extreme rifle with the thumb hole stock would be available again. The reply I got stated it would no longer be offered in the .50 caliber thumb hole but would be only available in .52. Am I behind the times? To me, a .52 caliber is an odd size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
The knight disk rifle will not fire without the disk. It’s useless without it.
The disks often break and sooner or later your knight disk rifle will be nothin more than a boat paddle.
It’s an extra gadget you don’t need in any gun except the knight disk.
Catch 22.
Any time you can eliminate an extra step your to the good.
It’s not that it’s that bad a design it’s good/ ok but not great like Thompson Center used to be. The Remington 700 muzzleloader is top dog but I LOVE my encore and contender muzzleloaders.
I couldn’t want anything more.:rofl:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I see they now have conversions to 209 but why not pick something that doesn’t need a 209 conversion unless you just want it the way it is. Then I understand.
That thumbhole stock is the exact same look as the encore and is still available plus you can change barrels including the older encore muzzleloader barrels.
Look into encore and remington and also cva before you buy a knight disk extreme.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I hear the thumbhole stock doesn’t play well with scopes and the hammer of the encore so that’s another catch 22 for ya.
GoodLuck and welcome to muzzleloader shootin...

shdw633

I see they now have conversions to 209 but why not pick something that doesn’t need a 209 conversion unless you just want it the way it is. Then I understand.
That thumbhole stock is the exact same look as the encore and is still available plus you can change barrels including the older encore muzzleloader barrels.
Look into encore and remington and also cva before you buy a knight disk extreme.

I converted my Knight to shoot 209 and it's an awesome ML after the conversion. Though I agree why go through that when you can buy something that's ready to go from the box and is much easier to deal with. I have a TC Omega and it's my go to ML now. My SIL uses the Knight. flconch53 is correct in regards to it being a .52 cal, it's so you buy the ammo from them.

mar0311

I bought the .52 Long Range Hunter ,when they first came out and love how it shoots! Added the thumbhole for a lighter stock! See no need to change to another ML.

Deerhead

I know there are a couple of good manufactures who make quality ML. Just want to say my CVA Optima is a tack driver. Good trigger and easy to clean. Its also headquartered in GA