Kubota BX2200

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Kubota problem, would run for about twenty minutes, then act like it was starving for fuel and losing power. Problem found was fuel tank full of gunk, water etc. We drained the tank, flushed it out. Changed two filters and some bad fuel line.
While doing so, we noticed the U joint in the front shaft had broken and messed the front yoke.
Now I need to find a new yoke and U joint so the wheel drive will work. This is a strong little tractor, and that front wheel drive helps. I also have the belly mower for it. Put a golf cart roof on it for shade. It's helped in a couple rains too.

Attachments

• Kubota repairs.jpg
    Kubota repairs.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 36

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Another problem found was, the Kubota fuel tank cap was clogged up. Those caps have a foam rubber filter in them, and it had turned into gunk and wasn't letting air in the tank. Hope this helps someone.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK, two new fuel filters, flushed fuel tank, fuel pump is working great. And the Kubota still acts up after 20 minutes running. Now thinking the injectors may need changing. Maybe new fuel hoses, ?????

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Front drive shaft U joints and joint wore out. New assembly cost about 85 bucks plus tax. The two yokes part number is K2561-16810. Searched for yokes and U joint and decided it's best to buy the assembly and be done with it.
Now trying to find best price for the three injectors.

buckmanmike

Not familiar with Kubota, but when ypu cleaned the tank did you check for a screen at the outlet? I had a stopped up screen on an old Ford 2000.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally narrowed it down to the fuel pump for the injectors. Little unit only cost a little over 700 bucks. About 495 for a rebuilt one. This little pump works off a cam shaft. Watched a few U tube videos on the problem I'm having. All found the problem to be the injector pump.

WishboneW

Finally narrowed it down to the fuel pump for the injectors. Little unit only cost a little over 700 bucks. About 495 for a rebuilt one. This little pump works off a cam shaft. Watched a few U tube videos on the problem I'm having. All found the problem to be the injector pump.

Check the inlet on your pump. Usually there is a plastic screen in there to catch that which the filter misses. Renew fuel filters too. That inlet on the pump may also have springs and check balls or other small items. If you have rebuilt a quadrajet you can do this pump

Reactions: Son