Labrador '99

Tight Lines

I wasn't sure where these pics were but wanted to get these in the hands of @NCHillbilly to maybe further motivate him to take the trip of a lifetime before we all can't...back when I did these trips, we didn't really carry cameras much, especially up where we were...so the pics are not that great...but...we caught more 20-24" brookies than I can recall, lakers up to 20-25 lbs. and in one day well over 100 northerns...we ate the northerns and the lakers for shore lunch and dinner, and occasionally if we killed a brookie we kept it...but those were mostly catch and release...you can see a mouse pattern on my hat...that's what we used for the brookies some days...

8569C70A-132E-43D8-A96F-FC9B29FC3C91.jpegLabrador Brook Trout.jpg554B14B3-5816-4A52-9E2E-BA7444B1E1AB.jpeg6F0EAD8F-8E1F-4794-A192-B216B8F5408E.jpeg020A6EE7-E271-41A4-953D-2DD69589C392.jpeg2E40BC58-8B49-4A6C-A6A6-13DE05BDEC7D.jpeg97E970BF-8BFD-4068-8BCD-CAF2CC588147.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful place, and some fine fish! I would love to do that before they chunk me in a hole.

Tight Lines

A couple of thoughts as I looked back at these pictures...this was two different trips in '99 and '00. As I looked at the pictures, I noticed that I still have most of that gear...if you buy it and take care of it, and it's good quality...it will last...

Those fly rods are Sage RPL+ and SP, with Teton and Lamson reels...2 setups for travel ...5 & 6 weight...still use both sets...

The spinning rods are Penn travel rods and Penn spinning reels...nothing fancy, entry level Penn stuff...I have 3 setups for travel to destinations like this...still use them for freshwater...

The waders gave out and I'm on my second set of Simms that is likely going to need to be replaced soon...and those boots finally came apart and I am on my replacement pair now...

I lost the vest somewhere on a trip but I still have the same chest pack and fanny pack from those pics...and at least one of the hats...and the rain jacket...

I had to have gear for three different types of fish...trolling for lakers, spinning for northerns and landlocked salmon, and fly fishing...I still have all the flies, spoons, cowbells, weights, hooks, etc. stored away in the same boxed that went with me on that trip...ready for the next time...

I still have the net in those pics, the only one I've ever owned...

Lost the sunglasses because I am never going to keep a pair of those long...

Still have the Filson bags that trekked all the way there...

Most of this stuff is Simms, Filson, Mountain Hardwear, Patagonia, Penn, Sage, Smith Optics brands...buy once cry once...