Ladderstand "roof"

Tunaman

BANNED
Wife said she might go with me a few times so bought 2 man ladderstand from SG. Nice stand made by Bolderton. Stand is 42" wide and the widest "roof-umbrella" whatever I can find is 44'W. would like a wider one, thinking it's possible 18' up there just might be a slight breeze. Any ideas??

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I've wondered if you could make a frame the size you wanted out of pvc & cover with a tarp? Attach to tree with a ratchet strap.
Might be too flimsy.

Tunaman

BANNED
I've wondered if you could make a frame the size you wanted out of pvc & cover with a tarp? Attach to tree with a ratchet strap.
Might be too flimsy.
Yeah it probably would be flimsy unless with 1 1/4 pipe then I'd probably need you to come over and help me put it up considering the weight of the tarp included.
Maybe buy the 44" wide and make "wings" 1 foot on each side. Thanks for reply!!

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Lag bolt a 2x4 frame to the tree. Brace it with some small angles coming down or up would be better. Easy peasy

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Big dog deluxe roof is 50" wide. Buy a roof top for the frame and extend to the size you want with metal emt and a camo tarp.

Buck70

I made mine out of 1/2 in. conduit and a fiberglass panel. Then I used a ratchet strap to secure it to the tree. I don't have it anymore, a tree limb fell through it.

baddave

I'd probably get 2 of those u talkin bout 44" and put one over and to the side of the other . i love those porta-roofs

coolbreezeroho

That's what I use. Then I put two black plastic shower curtains on before I stretch and tie the original cover on/Milmans post #8

Triple C

Check this one out. Totally weatherproof with sturdy aluminum frame. Zips completely up with windows that zip down when raining.
ladder stand cover.jpeg.jpg

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
All these zippered covers 1) dangerous to unzip standing on the ladder and 2) hard to zip all the way down without leaning way over once you get into the stand.

I saw somewhere an enclosure that used magnetic strips. That seems to be a good idea.

BDD

I used the thicker ceader fence board and riped into 1 1/2 inch strips and screwed together, added cross braces covered in plastic and screwed to the tree. Added a angled strip to both sides of the tree for support.

Tunaman

BANNED
Again thanks for all the great ideas, I’m sure they all would work. Wound up going with the Big Dog Deluxe. Easy to put together, I like the 52” width. Thanks again