lake blue ridge

JKat81

Go straight across from the dry branch ramp and fish that row of docks going towards the main lake. Those docks are deep water docks with some brush around some of them. Fish the point that you come to after the docks. There are quite a few laydowns on that bank that are out in deep water. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Thanks, JKat for the info. I looked at a satellite image of that area then went to fishermap.org and viewed the underwater features. I just discovered this site by keying in "Blue Ridge lake underwater map" in my search bar and highly recommend it. I'm not sure how soon I will get over there, with the high probability of thunderstorms and the various distractions that we all have to deal with.

Hey LT - It's actually in Swahili.
(Just kidding)
I put "Blue Ridge Lake Underwater Map" in my search bar.
When the site comes up, click on the message in RED in the top paragraph.
I also accessed Lake Hartwell in this manner. Pretty Useful.
Not much for free in this day and age. Better use the site while it is still available.

Luvntheoutdors

I was also up in Blue Ridge last week. First time on the lake. I had to keep my boat stored on Lake Nottely so that's where I did most of my fishing and it was super tough! I targeted mostly striper and hybrids with Herring and got them from the self serve bait shack. I tried used lures and jigs for green fish and caught nothing.bait.jpgnottely.jpgbr1.jpgbr2.jpgn2.jpgn3.jpgn4.jpgnottely.jpg I had a chance to fish Blueridge the last day before we went home and 9:30 the boat ramps were filling up like crazy. I had no luck on blue ridge either but only had 2 hrs to fish. Ended up towards Toccooa river and had the most marks there on my fish finder but still no luck. Ill be back up there again soon once it cools down. Overall I can say they are both very Beautiful lakes. Everywhere looks like it holds fish!

Ajohnson0587

I've been catching spots pretty good on Lanier, the evening bite has turned on good since the beginning of the month. I usually try to get on the water by 4-4:30 and fish until dark. To my surprise the boat traffic hasn't been too bad, I think most of the jacklegs in the wake boats & jet ski's are on the mid to south end of the lake.

tr21

what kind and test line do yall use up here? i doubt my 17lb will work good up here with the crystal clear water !

GTMODawg

BANNED
We were camping up there on an island a couple weeks ago, and I never saw the like of wake boats and jet skis in my life. The wakeboats kept the whole lake stirred up until there were waves like the ocean on it.

DNR Gonna have to do something about wake-boats. I am normally anti-regulation but those things are going to destroy shorelines.....and they are downright dangerous for smaller boats. Boaters are responsible for their wake but that's small comfort when your 16 foot jon boat is swamped and sinking because some dude with a floating ghetto blaster went by with a 4 foot wave following his boat.....

tr21

DNR Gonna have to do something about wake-boats. I am normally anti-regulation but those things are going to destroy shorelines.....and they are downright dangerous for smaller boats. Boaters are responsible for their wake but that's small comfort when your 16 foot jon boat is swamped and sinking because some dude with a floating ghetto blaster went by with a 4 foot wave following his boat.....
i agree especially on these smaller lakes !

JKat81

what kind and test line do yall use up here? i doubt my 17lb will work good up here with the crystal clear water !
This time of year I’m using 6lb fluorocarbon on my drop shot spinning outfit, 8lb fluorocarbon on shakey head rig, and 10 lb fluorocarbon on my bait casters. Straight 30 lb braid for top water

tr21

This time of year I’m using 6lb fluorocarbon on my drop shot spinning outfit, 8lb fluorocarbon on shakey head rig, and 10 lb fluorocarbon on my bait casters. Straight 30 lb braid for top water
thanks for the info ! (y)

Dirk

after 11yrs of sitting in the garage in newnan i decided to bring my boat up here, water sure looked nice when driving across the dam ! well after rebuilding the complete fuel system i was ready to take her out for a run today. now after about 25 yrs of fishing 150 - 200 days a year on west point and many days might see 2 or 3 boats it was eye opening to say the least. brother launched me and we went for a ride, PULLED OUT OF THE COVE AND MY GOD SKI BOATS, JET SKI'S AND PONTOONS EVERYWHERE :eek: i cant even imagine trying to fish this lake in anything other than a 45ft hatteras....yall that fish up here must go after dark.

You would have been much better off if you would have went about another 15 miles to Lake Nottely. A lot less traffic than BlueRidge or atleast there always was way less a few years ago.

tr21

anybody been out there lately ? hoping to get out there next week ....

Richf7

If anyone could share bass/bream Blue Ridge bank fishing tips by PM this old guy would appreciate it. ;)

tr21

If anyone could share bass/bream Blue Ridge bank fishing tips by PM this old guy would appreciate it. ;)
man people who fish up here got a worse case of lockjaw than the fish at turnover ! i've had 1 pm giving me a place to try. man when i fished west point weekly i would always post what they were biting and what depth they were at. i know people are fishing it because there's always trailers at the boat ramp. I guess their all real professional fisherman ! :)