Lake Lanier - Please help me find my stolen boat!!!

Please help, anyone who fishes on lanier!! Our ski boat was taken from our dock up on wahoo creek cove area during thanksgiving week—it’s an older ski boat and we have the title, keys, and trailer so we are just hoping and praying that it was abandoned somewhere on lanier and either beached or tied to some random dock. So PLEASE be on the lookout for a red & gray SKI NAUTIQUE 2001 with a black wakeboard tower! It is incredibly sentimental to us (I learned how to ski behind it and our daughters were learning how to ski on it...) so any help would be well rewarded! Please look for this if you’re out on the water!! Thank you so so much!!

Thank you!!!

http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=920004&stc=1&d=1511822426
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20289143-B498-4273-81A7-2117F56C4040.jpg
    20289143-B498-4273-81A7-2117F56C4040.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 2,034
We just moved here so it still has WV tags (and Georgia DNR knows this)....right now I’m pretty much regretting moving to Georgia... :(

Attachments

• 95B72140-42AD-4BE8-9274-641361216B8E.jpeg
    95B72140-42AD-4BE8-9274-641361216B8E.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 1,521

howboutthemdawgs

I live down the lake from you. I will be out most days this week so I will be on the lookout. I hope you find your boat...and the thiefs floating face first.

THANK YOU! We actually found another boat adrift in wahoo on Saturday and when we called DNR to report it, they said it was reported stolen 2 weeks ago, so someone is up to something up here and it SUCKS. We tied that boat to the closest dock, so hopefully karma comes back and we find out someone did that for us....

I appreciate the eyes out, for sure. We worked really hard to be able to buy our boat. People who just think they can take whatever they want without working for it....ugh, makes me sick.

littlejon

Pic helps and I will keep a look out. If I see it I will post here first so you can go have a word with the individual. :smash: Nice looking pup

Longhorn 16

I have been on Lanier for 30 plus years and have never seen boat theft like this past year. When I say never it’s was like one a year until this year it’s like one a week. hopefully GON fishing guys can help this guy out. 38000 is a lot of water to cover. Let’s go get this boat back. The boats are usually abandoned in previous cases so there is a strong chance this vessel is drifting about somewhere.

Hahaha thanks! But I would guess if it’s tied up somewhere that it was a Good Samaritan and not the thief (that would be a dumb thief!)...without a key even the best so-goOder wouldn’t want to move our boat, but I’d be happy if it wasn’t beached. (Honestly, I’ll be happy if it’s found at all-truly there will be a reward if someone spots it!!!)

Worst part was watching our 3 year old walk down to our empty dock and ask... “where’s our boat?” ����

Last edited:
I have been on Lanier for 30 plus years and have never seen boat theft like this past year. When I say never it’s was like one a year until this year it’s like one a week. hopefully GON fishing guys can help this guy out. 38000 is a lot of water to cover. Let’s go get this boat back. The boats are usually abandoned in previous cases so there is a strong chance this vessel is drifting about somewhere.

You’re giving me hope!!! Thank you all so so much! Seriously, if found there’ll be a party at our dock, drinks on me!

It’s definitely that important to us longhorn16! When you ski behind a boat in your wedding dress, you sure as heck are attached to that boat (and yes, there are pics to prove it). Worth way more in memories than in money, which makes this situation suck all the worse. I appreciate you guys’ help/eyes/support so much!

Nope, our lift broke a month ago. We seriously JUST put a down payment on a new dock 4 days before this happened. :( it was tied six ways (and all the ropes completely in tact, including the end loops) but clearly we should have put a chain and lock, though we were assured when we bought this place that it’s a “good neighborhood”. Now we know, and if we manage to get it back it won’t be going back in the water until our new dock with lift (with LOCKS) is in.

And maybe we’ll just be sittin on our dock with a shotgun too, just for extra measure.

littlejon

There are a lot of empty docks on Lanier with no homes on the property. Someone could of tied it in one of those. Have the guys at Lanier striper club and Lanier crappie club know about it. They cover a lot of water.

rospaw

Get a flyer down to Hammonds with a pic of the boat and a small reward for info. Any live bait stores put a flyer.
I text 3 buddies a pic that live on/near the lake that i know are out on the lake this time of year. One will be fishing all day tomorrow. He is retired LE with great eyes. He is fishing chest/hooch area and knowing him he will take a few extra miles looking for your boat.

SLa2Ga

Stolen Boat

I shared this on facebook. Someone named Kyle Davis said he saw this boat, or one very similar, tied up at the new community dock in Squirrel Creek.